Tulum Tour from NCL/Cozumel

Vol fan

I did this tour 25 years ago and the ship stopped to let the ones on the tour off at Playa Del Carmen, then the ship went on to Cozumel. We had a short tender ride to Playa Del Carmen, then bus ride to Tulum. When we went back, we had a 1 hour ferry ride to Cozumel and it was extremely rough and many were sick. Is this the way this excursion is currently done?

My sister and I are going to try this tour in October from the Pearl. Just want to know what to expect. Thanks so much in advance for any assistance.

Carole

Prepare yourself for a long hot day as the excursion begins in Coz then ferry to mainland followed by a walk to the bus-45min drive plus a useless stop to the ruins, figure about 1.5hrs at the ruins then back on the bus then the ferry ride. This tour is a better option if you sailed into Calica.

From everything I've read on here, it is definitely going to be a long day. But are the ruins worth it? We want to still do this excursion and have prepared ourselves for a long day.

So with that said, is the long day still worth it?

I agree 100% Hers's a few pics I took

211957946.jpg

211957951.jpg

211957957.jpg

211957677.jpg

The best part about Tulum is not the ruins (although I liked them) but the swimming on their beautiful beach. The water was so clear and refreshing after walking in the heat. Then we explored the sandstone that is carved by the surf at the southern end of the beach. Beautiful!!

The only true ruins are at San Gervasio on Coz. There are other single structures at Punta Sur, El Cedrel and on the north east side of the island. The ruins pictured on this thread are of Tulum on the mainland not on Coz. I agree with the previous poster that the ruins are made spectacular by the beach and the location on the Gulf of Mex. These are the only ruins directly on the water.

Archived