Review PD W825 August 29th

Lizard©

Great review, keep it coming. Just wondering I'm new to cruising and my mum will be travelling on a British Passport, I'm under the impression that we don't need to organise any visa's (apart from a re-entry). Is this correct?

Thanks Pam. :)

That is quite correct, no visas needed for the islands, just the re-entry visa to get back in here.

Though when we came back, they didn' even look at passports. :confused:

Thanks for your review Lynda, really enjoying it. Oh yes, there's something about cruising - we had nanna naps nearly every afternoon, we never do that at home.:p

You must really have appreciated the special attention given 'cause you're a CCr - that's really nice. Must have been great to meet up with everyone. Ouvea was my favourite place, it's just stunning!

Sounds like you'll be another cruise tragic:D I'm trying to get DH to book another one but he's got his heart set on going to USA next year and we can't afford to do both. I may even put a deposit on a cruise for 2010 - wouldn't that be a lovely surprise???

Hope you're recovering after your op and hope to read the rest of your review soon.

Ella

I love my nana naps right now, lol and getting over surgery gives my the excuse to take 'em:D

Ouvea is definately the best place I agree, I think hubby is the bigger cruise tragic, he's looking to do another on in 2010 :D. We already have something on for next year. I bet your hubby would be greatly surprised at you booking a cruise, 'cause I know I would ;)

Hafta say it was great to meet all the other CC'ers, hopefully we'll meet again one day.

Will do 2nd part of the review soon.

Lynda.

Thursday 4th September Isle of Pines

Not such a nice day today, cloudy, coolish and windy. Had a light breakfast and got our tender tickets, went through almost straight away again, very smooth.

Bought 2 packets of cheezels from this guy with a little stall, you know the little individual packs you get in the 12pks? Cost $2 each!! Didn’t worry about a drink though, we bought our water with us.

OK......got to the beach ready to snorkel, windy still but not so cool, water was cold when you hit it but ok once you got used to it.

IMGP0405.jpg

Took some photos with one of those underwater cameras, haven’t had it developed yet so not sure how well they turned out.

Starting to look like a prune so getting out of the water seemed like a good idea.......uh!! No!!!!!!!!!!

Back into the water we go seemed warmer there than out in the wind.

Eventually went over to the other side of the island....5min walk away, sat there on the beach it was nowhere near as windy over there.

IMGP0408.jpg

Thought we’d grab a drink, maybe something to eat from the restaurant there.........$8 for a 300ml coke.....I think not, our water and cheezels were perfectly adequate thanks.

IMGP0407.jpg

Had the great idea of walking to the jail ruins but it was further away than we expected so turned back, Thought one of the tour vans might go there but no.

Bought 2 drinks and 2 drumsticks .... cost $14.50, from a little place near the tender area and sat waiting for the line to get shorter but it didn’t, eventually just had to go stand in line. Think there were 4 tenders going so it wasn’t a long wait.

No lunch, so quiche down in the patisserie with the proverbial hot choc and cream. Then an early dinner.

Island night up on Lido deck, surprisingly not much wind until around 9pm, went down to the show “Motor City”

All mowtown songs from the PD entertainers and band, as always a great show.

Stayed for the late movie and headed to bed. Still no towel animals to be seen in our cabin so far.

Friday 5th September At Sea

Apparently a rough night compared to what we’ve had, I slept through it though there is a roll going this morning.

A light breakfast and a couple of Kwells for me.

Disembarkation talk this morning........not good thinking about going home.

Anyway apparently we are expecting 5mt swells coming back to Sydney, glad I got Kwells feeling better after taking them that’s for sure.

A light lunch ‘cause it’s the formal again tonight, don’t want to feel off or anything. Love these nana naps lol.

Beef Wellington was Fantastic!! As was the Baked Alaska, great dinner companions really help too.

Off to the Show “Starry – Starry _ Night” a Fantastic Finale with the PD entertainers, guest’s entertainers and Band.

Never seen so many shows before, I love it.

Made it out in time for the Baked Alaska parade and champagne waterfall.

DSCF0323.jpg

Nice champagne it was too had a couple of glasses of that, a great hot choc with cream and off to bed I go.

Shame I just can’t take the movement in the Dome...........Next time I’ll take Kwells before we leave and keep on taking them through the trip that might do the trick.

Saturday 6th September At Sea

Up by 7.30am – had a bit of movement over night but not too bad, still feeling ok.

Was good with just fruit and toast for breakfast, Dean in the golf putting finals, came 2nd after a playoff but did win himself a tote bag.

Down for the tour of the Galley with Fabio, Marc was having surgery on his foot so couldn’t be there.

Fantastic tour and very informative, we spent quite a bit of time asking questions, he certainly does make everyone feel special; had a group photo taken outside the Palm Court with Fabio

DSCF0357.jpg

Dean went off to play scrabble so we’ll meet again for lunch, Football was on in the legends bar, seas are the highest I have seen so far.....thank god for Kwells ( I keep saying that don’t I) I packed the cases.

Announcement – 5.40pm waves are expected to be 6-7mts high. Outside decks have been close and the Evening show has been cancelled due to the high seas. Don’t even want to think about food, jump in the shower (that was fun...not!) and then going to lie down. Our arrival into Sydney is expected to be around 9am now.

DSCF0370.jpg

Sunday 7th September Sydney

WOW!!!! What a night, we were rocking and rolling all over the place, safer laying down that standing up at some points. Up at 5.30 am and it’s a lot smoother now.

Listening to people we missed a lot......Lights/panels in the dome coming down, Glasses and bottles were also broken, one window on Promenade deck was shattered that I saw, I know we were on deck 8 and the spray was going well over us.

Another lady said quite a few passengers bought pillows and blankets to the promenade bar and tried to get some sleep, I’d hate to have been at the front of the ship that’s for sure!!

Anyway out of our cabin by 8am as instructed docked a little after 9am,

DSCF0373.jpg

the schedule for disembarking went out the window and they called colours.......just past midday when we got off, grabbed the luggage....mine was broken, poor thing, now I’ll have to get a new one for next time!

Had problems with the pre booked/paid bus so grabbed a taxi to the airport....cost $48, arrived back home in Adelaide around 7pm

All in all we had a fantastic first cruise, did almost nothing and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.

Next time we’ll be more involved on the activities side, even the night life maybe.

I’d recommend a cruise to anyone that’ll listen.....yes I have become a cruise tragic!!!

Thanks for taking the time to read, I know it was long but I do type as I speak most times.

Lynda

DSCF0241.jpg

Hi Linda,

Thanks for a great review. The pics were terrific too!

We had Aileen as well, and no towel animals for us either! I thought it may have been because she was sick on our cruise, but perhaps she just doesn't do them! A shame becuase the kids would have loved them. Maybe next time...

HI Lynda

just a catch up

we didnt make our meet n greet on Sunday cos i was feeling a little seedy!!

But did bump into others (AUSMUM etc....) and was planning to attend the gallary tour (SUN), we arrived at 10 am but you had already left!

We too had trouble with our booked transport KST- on Sunday when i rang for pick up they didnt have our booking?? and had to wait 1 hour for pick up after 12 so we jumped in a cab too!

Your pics are great, I also have a pic of the reflection from the buildngs across the road....

You review is great im still working on mine..

AUSMUM if you read this-- our next door neighbour,(you know who) LOVE life is going great he is still in touch with her, they talk everyday and will be visiting soon!!! will keep you informed....

Archived