Bringing Beer Onboard

Livabeth

I've read alot about bringing wine and alcohol on board, but haven't see much about the ability to bring beer on board. I'm the wine drinking and my husband likes both wine and beer. He would like to bring some cans of beer with us when we board in FLL. Can we do this with no trouble?? Anyone had any problems doing this?? What is the best way for us to do bring it onboard??

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Livabeth

And "Princess" says NO to bringing alcohol except "wine". So what happened to your "Princess Says"?

While on the CB last month DH picked up some beer (a 6 pack) at some local micro-breweries at a couple of our ports and he had no trouble bringing it on board.

All I know is that DH asked whether or not it was okay before he bought the beer and was told no problem.

Same thing happened to us on the Dawn out of SF a couple of years ago. We asked at the port if we could bring beer on and they asked how much. We told them a couple of 6 packs and he said no problem. We did not sneak it on or put it in checked luggage. We just walked right on board with it.

The only time Princess collects liquor & holds it, is when people bring on 6 packs of liquor bottles from various ports. I've never heard of them limiting beer. Don't worry about their "rules" as no one else does. There printed for the sake of the naive and are never enforced. The worst that could happen is they hold it until you return & the last evening & then you can throw a big party for your friends. ;)

I like to get some beer in every port that I visit given the opportunity and never had a problem.

But the last cruise I was in St. Kitts and they confiscated a bottle of rum that I had even though it was in a gift box with two glasses and I had it in my bag. If it was just the bottle alone I wonder if they would have let it through? :cool:

Archived