Breakfast hours

Waryman

Hi Welcome to Cruise Critic.

For the Lido - usually Continental Breakfast begins around 6 or 6:30 AM -- depends if it is a sea day or a port day.

Full Breakfast usually begins at 7 or 7:30 AM in the Lido depending on the ports.

Dining room: on port days it usually opens at 8 while on port days it will open at 8:30 AM.

You can also order from room service.

Cabin Breakfast Menu

Preferred Time Frame

6 AM - 6:30 AM 7 AM - 7:30 AM 8 AM - 8:30 AM 9 AM - 9:30 AM

6:30 AM - 7 AM 7:30 AM - 8 AM 8:30 AM - 9 AM 9:30 AM - 10 AM

Juices

Grapefruit; Orange:; Cranberry; V-8; Prune, Tomato

Fresh Fruit

Half Grapefruit; Sliced Bananas; Diced Oranges; Mixed Fruit; Seasonal Melons; Stewed Prunes

Low Fat Yogurt

Plain; Fruit

Breads

English Muffin; White Toast; Wheat Toast; Rye Toast; Danish; Croissant; Blueberry Muffin; Bran Muffin; Bagel

Preserves

Assorted Jams; Marmalade; Honey; Butter; Margarine; Cream Cheese

Cereals

Corn Flakes; Special K; Mueslix; Raisin Bran; Granola; Fruit Loops; Frosted Flakes; Rice Krispies; Shredded Wheat

With: Milk; 2% Milk; Skim Milk

Eggs & Meats

Two Eggs: Scrambled or sunnyside up or over easy

Omelet: With Cheese or With Ham and Cheese

Eggbeaters: Scrambled or Omelet with Cheese or Omelet with Ham and Cheese

Meat: Ham or Sausage or Bacon

Beverages

Regular Coffee; Decaf Coffee; Tea; Hot Chocolate; Milk; 2% Milk; Skim Milk; Half & Half

Now if you are able to wait until 8 AM on most days when the dining room opens -- then you can write in what you want on the room service menu -- special items like Eggs Benedict!! But -- remember -- any special item that appears on the regular dining room breakfast menu (I don't jave that one) -- can't be delivered until the dining room.

Now there items are availble 24/7:

Available 24 hours:

Smoked Atlantic Salmon - pickled red onion, capers & cream cheese

Mesclun Garden Greens - tomato, cucumber, alfalfa sprouts & blue cheese crumbles

Triple Decker Club Sandwich - sliced turkey, ham, bacon, tomato & lettuce served on toasted bread of your choice

All American Hamburger - broiled 1/4 pound beef patty on a sesame bun with dill pickle & coleslaw - add cheddar or Swiss cheese

Open faced Omelet - ham & cheese or vegetables

Selection of assorted cheese with crackers

Apple tart with whipped cream

Chocolate cake with raspberry sauce

A plate of chocolate chip cookies with a glass of milk

Fruit salad - selected fruits in season

I wonder if someone can tell (write) me the Breakfast menu about 8 n the morning...

Egg benedict, what else..?

Holacanada

Boarding in 42 days, 21 hours, 51 minutes and 32 seconds

The menu I posted is for all cabins.

As I said -- I never thought to write down the regular menu.

But after 8 you can also get things like waffles (different toppings), pancakes, kipered herring, poached eggs on top of corned beef hash, salmon with cream cheese on bagels, Fritattas -- that is all I remember.

Thanks Mr Kruiser !

Do you know someone on this board who take the cruise from FLL to FLL (sailing from 28 oct.) ?

IT's an Halloween cruise so I ask you what about the tradition onboard Holland America line. Is there any costumes, parade. Can we bring treats for the fellow passengers..?

A lot of Halloween questions in fact !!!

Holacanada

From Quebec city

Thanks Mr Kruiser !

Do you know someone on this board who take the cruise from FLL to FLL (sailing from 28 oct.) ?

IT's an Halloween cruise so I ask you what about the tradition onboard Holland America line. Is there any costumes, parade. Can we bring treats for the fellow passengers..?

A lot of Halloween questions in fact !!!

Holacanada

From Quebec city

On most HAL ships there will be a party starting around 10:30 PM in the Crow's Nest. Prizes are given out. The area wilol be decorated -- nothing free.

As for the rest of the ship. We have been on some ships where in front of the dining room -- both levels -- there was a display of a whick, pumpkins, etc. Some ships nothing. In the Lido -- some decorations.

Some people will dress in costumes for dinner -- very feew.

You didn't mention which ship you will be on Oct 28 -- so I cannot dirrect you to your Roll Call.

Krazy Kruizers: Are you saying that at any hour of the day or night we can call room service and have those things delivered? (If so, we may not get off the Prinsendam until we use up the limits on our credit cards and we have no balance now, so the biggest question would be whether they have burial services in case we don't outlive our credit card limits.)

I'd love to know how late breakfast is served in the dining room (Maasdam). When is the latest I can scoot in? I'm just not a morning person, and love to dawdle over my room service coffee as I'm preparing for the day.

IIRC, the times vary, so there's not a single answer to your question. It depends on when the DR opens. Generally, not always, it will be open for at least an hour and 1/2, but the start times do vary. Check the daily program, the hours are posted there. Same for the Lido, although it's open longer. There's always the option of calling room service for another delivery after the DR opens and eating in the cabin.

Krazy Kruizers: Are you saying that at any hour of the day or night we can call room service and have those things delivered? (If so, we may not get off the Prinsendam until we use up the limits on our credit cards and we have no balance now, so the biggest question would be whether they have burial services in case we don't outlive our credit card limits.)

I'm not KK, but the answer to your question is yes, these items can be ordered 24/7. During hours that the DR is open, you also have an expanded menu that includes whatever is being served in the DR. I'm not aware of any burial services offered through ship's services, you'll have to book these ahead with some outside agency. The ship will, however, do what it can to preserve the body in the morgue until said agency can pick it up.

They stop serving Breakfast in the main dining room and Pinnacle Grill (for full suite guests) around 9:30. Full breakfast service in the Lido is until approx. 10 am with fewer choices until 10:30 when they close to start setting up for lunch. Late sleepers do not get many choices on HAL except for room service.

GN

I'm not KK, but the answer to your question is yes, these items can be ordered 24/7. During hours that the DR is open, you also have an expanded menu that includes whatever is being served in the DR. I'm not aware of any burial services offered through ship's services, you'll have to book these ahead with some outside agency. The ship will, however, do what it can to preserve the body in the morgue until said agency can pick it up.

:D :D

:D :D

I tend to have the misfortunate ailment of foot in mouth disease. Mouthwash doesn't help that I can tell.

On my 11 day Caribbean cruise out of Norfolk (Maasdam, Dec. 06), I encountered someone boarding ship with 3 cases of liquor. I made the remark, "looks like someone's going to have a party." The person who purchased the liquor then graciously explained that her mother had died on board the previous day and that she was getting supplies for the wake and that she hadn't yet notified her siblings. She then went on to explain what the ship had done to help her with the arrangements, which is the basis for my post.

Chagrin is mild compared to what I felt at the time. I'm glad that I had a strong heart at the time or I might have joined her mother. Sheesh.

I believe they put you in the freezer until you arive in port. How you get home is up to you.:p

PS: A friend and I tried to drink a Mexican bar out of Tequeila one evening, one of those things you can't do.:(

Hah!

Just to be clear: there is no charge for those 24/7 room service items! :)

Most people will give the server a small tip, maybe $1-$3 upon delivery. You can put the tips on the credit card, but you may to cruise a long time to blow you credit card limit. Better pack that dark suit, and have the waistline let out before you leave.

Ain't it just grand???

Archived