Not happy with my room # - Can I change it?

Gosh - I've changed my cabin 3 times! :o I've not changed category - so the price has not changed.

Just go to the RCCL website and do a fake reservation to see what is available and where it is located, or call the cruise line direct. If you are using a travel agent - give them a call.

Whew! I thought I was stuck. I've always liked my room location, but this time we're sailing with a group of people and I don't really want to be so far away from the group.

We are using a TA. :rolleyes: She must have forgotten what kind of rooms we like? Hmmmm??? Thanks temple1.

How many times can you change it until sailing? Do you know?

Whew! I thought I was stuck. I've always liked my room location, but this time we're sailing with a group of people and I don't really want to be so far away from the group.

We are using a TA. :rolleyes: She must have forgotten what kind of rooms we like? Hmmmm??? Thanks temple1.

You can change it as many times as you want, as long as there are rooms available. Your TA may not be happy with you though.

As often as you want to. Just be aware if you switch to another category you will pay the price at the time of the switch. If it is cheaper, good for you. If it is more expensive you pay more. Changes within the category you are not paying more even if the price increased.

Until your TA starts screening her calls?

My original choice was before we had been on Enchantment and there was nothing else that was not right at the elevators and stairs. DS and I were on Enchantment in May and I realized it would not be bad to be close to the elevators. When a cabin came available at the front of the ship I changed. But I read on here about how we might feel the motion more (I've always chosen cabins close to the center of the ship and did not realize that might be a problem for motion sickness prone people like me.) So I kept watching and finally what I perceive to be :rolleyes: the perfect cabin became available near the center near the elevators. As a bonus it is the 2nd past the Library so we should not have a big smoke problem on our balcony!!

Yes, it is not a problem. You can call RCI and ask which rooms in your category are available. Usually the web site only lists 5 rooms in each cat., even if more are available.

When you decide on a room, call your TA and tell them to change your room to the new room #. The should have no problem doing so if they do it promptly, and room is still available when they call RCI. I have done this.

If TA gives you a problem, change TA's.

I didn't pick the cabin...my TA did. Just a bad choice I guess.

since you are working with a TA you will not be able to call RCCL directly and change your cabin number. Your TA is going to have to call RCCL and do this.

However - you can call RCCL and inquire if particular cabin numbers are available. Once you have this information, then call TA and tell them you would like to change rooms and provide them with the cabin number that you would like to change to.

since you are working with a TA you will not be able to call RCCL directly and change your cabin number. Your TA is going to have to call RCCL and do this.

However - you can call RCCL and inquire if particular cabin numbers are available. Once you have this information, then call TA and tell them you would like to change rooms and provide them with the cabin number that you would like to change to.

Thanks that's great advice! I'll be giving her a call soon. And often if I can't get a better room.

We usually like to have one by the elevator midship and it seems as if this ship is almost sold out or something????

As often as you want to. Just be aware if you switch to another category you will pay the price at the time of the switch. If it is cheaper, good for you. If it is more expensive you pay more. Changes within the category you are not paying more even if the price increased.

Be sure to double check your outstanding balance after you make any changes. RCI is known to make mistakes ;) . It happened to me and I was charged the current, higher price for the same category. It was quite a hassle to get that straightened out.

Thanks that's great advice! I'll be giving her a call soon. And often if I can't get a better room.

We usually like to have one by the elevator midship and it seems as if this ship is almost sold out or something????

The ship is probably not sold out, probably not even close. You cant go by what the website shows - the website will only show a select few cabins. You need to call RCCL and ask if specific rooms are available.

When I couldn't [immediately] reach my TA, I placed a courtesy hold on the cabin I wanted to change to. When I connected with her, she called RCCL and we had a three way conversation. I verified I wanted to release the cabin and she was then able to pick it up.

Overall, a bit of a PITA but I got the cabin I wanted which is really all that matters.

When I couldn't [immediately] reach my TA, I placed a courtesy hold on the cabin I wanted to change to. When I connected with her, she called RCCL and we had a three way conversation. I verified I wanted to release the cabin and she was then able to pick it up.

Overall, a bit of a PITA but I got the cabin I wanted which is really all that matters.

I just my try this approach. And getting the cabin I really want is all that matters! :D Well, and to have a great time. I have my TA and RCCL on speed dial too! :D

Archived