Vista Suites

TomXXX

We are booking a 2009 cruise on Oceania in the Vista suites , deck 6 and were concerned about show noise from the Lounge below the suite? Also, since the Vista suites are all the way forward, there appears to be a steel bulkhead forward of the veranda that has large cutouts. How was the overall outside view from the suite? Were you able to use the veranda when the ship was underway or was it too windy?

Our last Oceania cruise was in the Owner's Suite which is all the way aft. Since it was looking aft, there were no winds. The veranda was wonderful in that suite.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Tom

WE had a VS on a Panama Canal sailing in 01/2005 and an OS on a Caribbean sailing in 02/2006. Both were on deck 7. We found that our VS view was not obstructed; that there was considerable motion with a strong cross wind; and some noise when weighing anchor. I have had heard that the sounds from the entertainment can be loud, but we didn't get any in our VS.

Although we liked the OS, the extra veranda space was not that great. And now that the 2010 prices are out, I doubt that we would ever book an OS again.

I would not recommend booking a VS on deck six if you don't like the sound of percussion every afternoon and most evenings until 11:00 or somewhat later.Book deck 7 if you can get it. There is much more motion in a VS than in an OS when in, even a small storm, which we had several of. Hopefully you will have smooth sailing and enjoy the space in both the suite and the balcony.:)

The problem with VS esp. 6th floor is that the crew is constantly working outside ( in front of your balcony), while you may find that exciting.. I find it a loss of privacy..... plus they expect you to keep your drapes closed at night , something about lights? I love exerything open ..including the doors to hear the crashing of the waves and to get that fabulous sea breeze...someone here will know that exact reason for the closing of drapes.....in any event.. that is why I love aft cabins OS..:D

Tom-

As we've stated on other threads, we much prefer the Vista Suites to the Owners Suites.

To begin with (and we say this with love, as we adore all three O ships), no matter where you are on the O trio, you will feel SOME motion.

Our feeling is that knowing that you are on a ship is part of the thrill of a cruise.......if you want a hotel room, fly over and book a hotel with a sea view.

Further, if you book deck 6, as Claudia says, the crew is sometimes on the fore-deck, however, the forward vistas more than make up for any intrusion (and they really pay no notice to the passengers).

We always book a Vista Suite, when they are available, and also book a Cabana. Although both have front of the ship views, they are intrinsic to our enjoyment of the cruise.

Archived