Curious about seeing other staterooms onboard

Hey everyone! Im really sorry if this has been asked before (Ive looked around and have not seen it though). I keep seeing pictures around the net of what appears to be "model rooms". They have big signs on the desk telling people about the specs of the room, and in some they even have RCI workers sitting at a desk in the shot. Do they have these rooms that are for people to look at on every cruise? Ive been on 2 before and dont remember hearing anything about them. Im just curious because I would kind of like to see some of the suites onboard. Does anyone know anything about this:confused:

Hey everyone! Im really sorry if this has been asked before (Ive looked around and have not seen it though). I keep seeing pictures around the net of what appears to be "model rooms". They have big signs on the desk telling people about the specs of the room, and in some they even have RCI workers sitting at a desk in the shot. Do they have these rooms that are for people to look at on every cruise? Ive been on 2 before and dont remember hearing anything about them. Im just curious because I would kind of like to see some of the suites onboard. Does anyone know anything about this:confused:

If you go to our M&M thread you will find a list of activites and times including a cabin crawl where you will be able to see a variety of cabins. ;)

I've never seen "model rooms"--but the best way is to have tablemates that will invite you to check out THEIR room! We've been lucky to have had tablemates with big ole suites---very nice! Most folks will be happy to invite you for a peek! That's the best thing about tablemates--making friends and comparing, not only cabins, but excursions, entree opinions....you name it!

My suggestion is to get onboard early and have a quick nosey around AS SOON AS staterooms are available (this is 1pm on some sailings, but others you can get at them early...).

You should have a GOOD idea regarding what you want to look at before you get there (if you want to look at RS, OS & GS on the Freedom Class, for example, then head straight for the centre of deck 10).

If you see a Cabin Attendant hovering around the rooms, then explain that you would like a VERY quick nosey and would that be ok with him/her?

Then be VERY quick: the rightful tenants of that suite/cabin may be along at ANY time and might be a bit confused/put out. If they do turn up, be very nice, say that you hope that they didn't mind you taking a quick leave and then leave whilst wishing them a fantastic cruise in their beautiful suite/cabin... :)

(and, stating the obviously, be considerate - no jumping on the bed or using the bathroom for a quick toilet break... :o ).

Have fun.

Boo

We were next door to the Royal Suite (don't know exact name) but it was on aft of Freedom. Before guests came on first day I asked the steward if I could take a look around and he let me in. On other cruises I've walked into suites on my floor on the last day after guests have left and the stewards were cleaning up.

Archived