Martinis anyone?

cf_chuck

I read about that. Grey Goose Martinis --- just to name one. HAL already charges a BIG price just for Grey Goose on the rocks -- we won't spend the money on it any more just for an ounce on the rocks.

Can't imagine what those prices will be.

On our last 19 and 7 day cruises -- many times the bars were nearly empty. HAL charges way too much for an ounce of anything. JMO.

I think if you are going to mix with all this other stuff, using the high end stuff is pointless.

I'm not big into the hard stuff, but what you wrote is advice I've heard numerous times from those that have a palate more trained than mine. Their counsel was to stay away from the well and top shelf and go for a nice call brand when mixing with various flavors or juices. Reserve the top shelf for "naked" martinis.

HAL charges way too much for an ounce of anything. JMO.

I look at what they charge in a comparative manner. I don't think they are far out of line compared to what I would pay in a mid-tier restaurant. They are less expensive than what I would pay in a business class hotel bar, an upper tier restaurant or at an airport. They are definitely more expensive than what I would pay at a neighborhood pub or pouring my own. These are US based comparisons. In Asia, it's difficult to find anywhere that would compete on a price basis with what HAL charges except for pouring your own.

I admit thinking of you when I came across this. ;)

:D Thanks for thinking of me!

JMHO - I agree that, if you're going to mix stuff, you really shouldn't be using Grey Goose. I'm rather a purist, though, and like my Vodka martinis as they were meant to be served...up, in a chilled glass, with the barest whiff of vermouth, and an olive (garlic stuffed, if possible!). Don't think I'll be doing any of those "martini flights"!

I look at what they charge in a comparative manner. I don't think they are far out of line compared to what I would pay in a mid-tier restaurant. They are less expensive than what I would pay in a business class hotel bar, an upper tier restaurant or at an airport. They are definitely more expensive than what I would pay at a neighborhood pub or pouring my own. These are US based comparisons. In Asia, it's difficult to find anywhere that would compete on a price basis with what HAL charges except for pouring your own.

Two years ago we paid $8.95 plus a 15% gratuity charge for ONE ounce of Grey Goose -- some of which the Bar tender spilled and could have cared less!!

At Home in our up-class restaurants we get 1 and 1/2 - to 2 ounces for $8.50 -- we do not do pubs!! They aren't in our area.

Two years ago we paid $8.95 plus a 15% gratuity charge for ONE ounce of Grey Goose -- some of which the Bar tender spilled and could have cared less!!

At Home in our up-class restaurants we get 1 and 1/2 - to 2 ounces for $8.50 -- we do not do pubs!! They aren't in our area.

You need to try Crystal!! BIG martinis at a reasonable price!!

Can't wait!! I always had some of the best martinis on a HAL ship! The pricing of the drinks are about on par to what I would spend where I live. Since I love to enjoy a lemon drop before dinner, I would love to try some of the other flavors as well.

Happy sailing!!

Archived