Prices on RC Website – Need help!!

Yarrowfell

We booked our cruise several months ago and paid $1905.72US for 2 people (Category Z). I just looked on the RC website and they have Category Q, $200US cheaper ($100US each).

I contacted my TA and he said that the price on there was for over 55 only. Is this right? I did a dummy booking (NOT ticking the over 55 box) and it was $200US cheaper than we paid.

I am happy to change categories if it is cheaper but the TA won’t do it? Any suggestions?

Cruise is on Rhapsody from Sydney on Nov 1st 2008.

We booked our cruise several months ago and paid $1905.72US for 2 people (Category Z). I just looked on the RC website and they have Category Q, $200US cheaper ($100US each).

I contacted my TA and he said that the price on there was for over 55 only. Is this right? I did a dummy booking (NOT ticking the over 55 box) and it was $200US cheaper than we paid.

I am happy to change categories if it is cheaper but the TA won’t do it? Any suggestions?

Cruise is on Rhapsody from Sydney on Nov 1st 2008.

Do a screen capture and send it to your TA. You should get the price drop, if that's allowed in Australia. (I know that things are different in Britain.....)

I would ring RCCL myself and see what you get. If its cheeper. Myself I would book it directly with RCCL and cancel my booking with TA if they would not match the same price.

As far as I know. A TA can sell a cruise at a higher price. But you would think that they would price match if the price you got was from RCCL was cheeper and you brought it to their attention.

If not, I would cancel with TA for sure.

Just my OP.

Cheers from Beers

Do a screen capture and send it to your TA. You should get the price drop, if that's allowed in Australia. (I know that things are different in Britain.....)

I did this and got a reply:

I just found out that that is a senior promotion from the cruise line... That is for guest 55 years of age and older....Please feel free to call and confirm this with the cruise line.... Thanks again

XXXX XXXXXX

Cruise Consultant

As I am in Australia (and TA is in US) all this is done via e-mail. Does RC have a number in Australia?

I did this and got a reply:

I just found out that that is a senior promotion from the cruise line... That is for guest 55 years of age and older....Please feel free to call and confirm this with the cruise line.... Thanks again

XXXX XXXXXX

Cruise Consultant

As I am in Australia (and TA is in US) all this is done via e-mail. Does RC have a number in Australia?

Have you cruised with RC before? Are you a member of Crown & Anchor?

If so, send your inquiry via email to crownandanchor@rccl.com (no charge!)

There are different prices depending on whether you say you are from Australia or US on the homepage of the RCI website. If you say you are from US the lowest price is US$799, however if you say you are from Australia( it will default to this if you log on from an Aussie computer) the lowest price is US$699. I think this is why you are finding the lower price, which is not available from your US travel agent, as they only have the US$699 rate for seniors.

I would ring RCCL myself and see what you get. If its cheeper. Myself I would book it directly with RCCL and cancel my booking with TA if they would not match the same price.

As far as I know. A TA can sell a cruise at a higher price. But you would think that they would price match if the price you got was from RCCL was cheeper and you brought it to their attention.

If not, I would cancel with TA for sure.

Just my OP.

Cheers from Beers

He's too close to cancel. Also, TA's cannot sell RCL et al for more nor can they sell them for less.

As of this morning the US site is showing Q $999 base rate and Z $799 base rate. If you are looking at the Aussie site it could very well show a different price. If so, your American TA cannot get that price for you.

The US site does have a senior rate of $699.

For your sailing the current prices are :

Cat Z 1905.72

Cat Q 2305.72

SENIOR RATE Cat Q 1705.72.

Your TA is correct.

These prices are from Sabre that is linked directly to RCCL..Also checked on the website and the prices are exactly the same..not sure where you are seeing the discounted rate for non seniors......

My mother has booked with a US TA - she lives in Canada. She's taking my daughter on the 46 day S American cruise - which is actually 3 separate cruises. I've been sending print screens of price reductions to her TA and asking for the reductions. No wonder the TA is confused because I hadn't realised that there were different pricings if you logged in from here versus the US. She kept asking where we got the prices from... :o I just read this thread and thought: OOOPS However, there are still price reductions on the US site for over 55s.

We booked the first leg with an Australian TA so our prices are locked in in Australian dollars so we aren't getting any benefit of recent price drops :(

Archived