Pre Cruise Hotel in FLL with young children

smithy0809

Looking for a precruise hotel in February 2009 for a couple of nights. We have young children - 6 and 4 - so it has to be family friendly. Conveniently located near the port, airport and shopping is also a plus. Should we be looking to book now? Want to keep the price near $200.

The Marriott Beach Place Towers is right on the beach in Fort Lauderdale and has some shops in front of the hotel, if you are going shopping I would suggest Sawgrass Mills Mall, not close to the hotel but you could take a taxi or reserve a private car to take you there. You could easily spend a whole day there.

The Marriott Beach Place Towers is right on the beach in Fort Lauderdale and has some shops in front of the hotel, if you are going shopping I would suggest Sawgrass Mills Mall, not close to the hotel but you could take a taxi or reserve a private car to take you there. You could easily spend a whole day there.

I'd be surprised if they can get this hotel for under $200.00 in February. In fact, I might book it if it was possible.

the Hyatt Place may be OK....the rooms are sort of suites....kids could sleep on the sofa bed....RIGHT by shops and stuff, just a short (couple blocks) cab ride from the pier and i think they have a shuttle....

it's the one on 10th ave/street off 17th. hey look just like the photos on hyattplace.com

We stayed at Spring Hill Suites by Marriott and it was wonderful, and worked out really well. They have a free shuttle from the airport and also a free shuttle to the port. The service was awesome and the rooms were spacious and clean. They have separate living rooms so they are nice for families. There's shopping across the street (K-Mart and grocery, etc.). This was our first cruise and the Spring Hill Suites made everything work out just perfectly. I'm not sure how much it costs because we had enough Marriott points to stay for free. Let me know if you have any questions!

Sleep Inn, Dania.. FREE airport/port shuttle! FREE hot breakfast each morning! :) Probably around $120. for 4, depending on the dates..

Nice pool... Walgreens next door, and shopping center across the street, with several restaurants and small stores.. :D

You didn't specifically mention 'beach', so Sleep Inn would be my choice.. Would need a cab to get to the beach.. They do have a nice pool, tho' it isn't real big..:p

Archived