Budapest to Amsterdam with Vantage

Hydrokitty

Hydrokitty,

Just curious, you say you're going on a river cruise in Jan. Which one. Would really like to hear about it. Pat

Sorry it took so long to get back to you Pat but it's been a hectic month! My son is deploying to Afghanistan in Jan. and will not be home for Christmas so we had the whole family (all 23 of us) for Thanksgiving Day! I'm just now getting to things like e-mail and boards! :o

We're going on the Vantage Egypt Land of the Pharoahs with an extension to Jordan. It's actually a combination land and river cruise. We spend 3 nights cruising Lake Nasser to Abu Simbel and 3 nights cruising the Nile to the Valley of the Kings. The rest of the time we're busing, but we stay 2-3 nights in each hotel and go out for the day so hopefully it won't be too much "bags outside at 6 a.m. bus leaves at 7". I really hate that. Would you be going too?:D:D

thanks for the updates on the dress code we can pack accordingly

I know it night be a little on the cooler side.

both Tim and I like the fresh air and it on the cool side

I know we have a french balcony

we wil stay in amserdam a few days after his cousin is meeting us

thanks for the updates on the dress code we can pack accordingly

I know it night be a little on the cooler side.

both Tim and I like the fresh air and it on the cool side

I know we have a french balcony

we wil stay in amserdam a few days after his cousin is meeting us

French balcony is very nice, we had one too and really enjoyed sitting by it and drinking our hot chocolate. It would be even nicer if you could sit on it but when you go through some of the locks you'll understand why you can't!!! :D:D:D

Hello Everyone!

We just returned from our Vantage Wine & Cuisine trip (Cologne/Basel/Paris) and wanted to comment on clothes on board. The two (actually four since we had two "Signature Dinners" too) dress nights were more "smart casual" than "dressy". Our whole cruise (our second Wine & Cuisine trip with Vantage) was very casual. Aside from those meals, it was jeans and other very casual wear. Frankly the crew dressed better than us! Since the Vantage Navigator is history after this season, I won't comment on the ship/boat but the Vantage service and performance was top-notch! It was a wonderful experience to enjoy excellent food, endless wine tastings, and bottom-less wine bottle dinners! While next year Vantage will be down to two ships on the Rhine/Main/Danube/Mosel, traveling with them will be a wonderful experience!

Cheers!

Just off Viking Sun -- earlier in this thread it was stated no other ships included tours -- Viking Sun included all daily tours in their pricing, which included the (Royal Family's) Palais Het Loo near Arnhem in Netherlands -- we were offered several optional tours, 3, I believe.

Archived