Cozumel Excursion when Pregnant

melissa723

Hi Everyone!

I'll be 20 weeks pregnant when we go on our Disney cruise in January, and so far I've found things to do in each port except for Cozumel. I was going to do the Cozumel Beach Break, but after reading some of the reviews on this board, I've decided against it.

I've been to Cozumel before, but never with a baby on board :) so any suggestions would be so helpful.

Thanks,

Melissa

First I wanted to say congradulations to both your new baby and upcoming cruise. Second, I don't have any help for the excursion thing but did find this in the terms and conditions on the DCL website:

"Women who have entered their 24th week of pregnancy as of their embarkation date will be refused passage due to safety concerns. Neither a physician's medical statement nor a waiver of liability will be accepted. In addition, Disney Cruise Line cannot be held responsible or liable for any complications relating to pregnancy at any stage."

I just wanted to suggest getting a letter from your doctor stating what week of pregnancy you are in and that you are healthy. I seem to recall reading a long time ago a woman stating that she had that letter and it was well scrutinized but she did get the green light to board. Good luck to you and magical sailing!

Thanks for the info about passage. I actually did know about that from reading other posts on the boards. I contacted DCL and they have you fill out a special form that your doctor has to sign. So I seem to have that part all under control...it's just this whole Cozumel thing :). We may just have to do something on our own since the excursions they provide don't seem that worth while for me.

Thanks so much,

Melissa

i did a beach excursion, to playa mia, and it was fine. there were many loungers and umbrellas available. they had food and beverages available, all included. they had a few shops. the food was fair, but simple. it was a beautiful beach, but a lot of people take full advantage of the alcholol available. i don't see any reason you could not take this excursion

also, i am an OB nurse, and i still don't see a problem, just keep yourself well hydrated with water and non caffienated beverages.

The reason I didn't want to do the Playa Mia excursion was because people had said that they rope everyone off in a small area, and sometimes due to the amount of people in that area you may not get a lounge chair. They also said that the beach was really rocky, and the food had flies all over it. I'm an extremely easy person to please...but did any of you find this to be the case when you were there?

Melissa :-)

I dont recall anything being roped off. In fact it was a fairly long piece of beach with two sections kinda. One was just a normal beach and the other part had like the Water Trampoline, and the Iceburg thing and what not.

We didn't eat anything, so I can't really comment on that.

But that said, I still liked Castay Cay so much more, but Playa Mia wasn't bad.

Here are some pictures I took...

l1030991bu6.jpg

l1030994tf8.jpg

l1030998xb9.jpg

I am one that counts Playa Mia as one that I won't ever pay to go back to. ;)

The beach was rocky. The pool was attached to the bar, so I had a fun time keeping the kids out of the way from the drunk blabbering adults. (open bar does that to some people...lol)

The food was the worst. We are NOT picky about food....but this was one place that I couldn't find one thing to please anyone in my family.

I plan on trying another beach in Feb when we are back in Cozumel...no way would I go to Playa Mia again. I keep reading about better beaches....so I won't waste my money on Playa Mia again.

This was April 07, you can see some of the things crowded together in the background...

600791-R1-22-46A_023.jpg

600791-R1-25-43A_026.jpg

600791-R1-23-45A_024.jpg

The bar (behind me while I was taking the picture) would have been great if I was on Spring Break. ;)

600791-R1-18-50A_019.jpg

Archived