Obstructed Balcony on Jewel of the Seas

nhmomofson

I know what you mean, I think. But the picture is the stern (back).

I found a picture of the Jewel similar to yours but in the forward end. I think I can now locate our cabin and it seems that it is above the lifeboats looking directly down into the water.

Hi . Im booked on the Jewel Oct 23 08 .And find this thread most helpfull . we are in cabin 7546 . From the best I can tell we are at the transition point of the forward deck 7 cabins you all have talked about and the lifeboat canopy . Last weekend i was in Boston and saw the Jewel sailaway to Canada . :) I was able to get a good look at my cabin. the railling is " L " shaped . Im hoping that ill be able to look straight down at the ocean from the forward half of balcony:rolleyes: . Anyone have any comments or ideas ?

Andy

• 7 years later...

We were just assigned cabin 7622 on Jewel (guarantee balcony). Does anybody have a photo of the obstructed view?

I cannot Change the assigned cabin as we dont sail under US laws but EU. I am happy to have a balcony for the price we are paying but just curious how "bad" it's going to be.

Thanks for any info!

Lähetetty minun E6653 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

• 1 year later...
We were just assigned cabin 7622 on Jewel (guarantee balcony). Does anybody have a photo of the obstructed view?

I cannot Change the assigned cabin as we dont sail under US laws but EU. I am happy to have a balcony for the price we are paying but just curious how "bad" it's going to be.

Thanks for any info!

Lähetetty minun E6653 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

We were just assigned the adjacent room, 7620 on Jewel. How was your cabin? On the deck plan it says 7622 is "obstructed" but 7620 is not, but I can't help wondering how can one cabin be obstructed but not the adjacent one if it is a lifeboat? Surely it affects more than one balconies? Thanks.

• 2 months later...
We were just assigned the adjacent room, 7620 on Jewel. How was your cabin? On the deck plan it says 7622 is "obstructed" but 7620 is not, but I can't help wondering how can one cabin be obstructed but not the adjacent one if it is a lifeboat? Surely it affects more than one balconies? Thanks.

The cabin was fine as the obstuction is a hatch that can be opened to climb on the white cover on top of the lifeboats which actually obstructs the whole deck view. So ylu actually cannot see the lifeboats at all, but you cannot see directly down to the water due to the cover.

If i had a chance, i would go at least one deck higher, but ours was guarantee as well. And at least we had a balcony and could see the sea if we watched directly horizontally and not down!

Sent from my iPad using Forums