Never Cruised with Carnival

karkee07

I am 19 and have four RCI cruises under my belt since 03, this coming Jan 09 we're planning a cruise and are bringing along my boyfriend and my brother's girlfriend. We found a couple RCI cruises, but my bf and I arn't able to go until the middle of Jan. So we're running into some trouble.

My mom is considering Carnival for this cruise. I've seen some that I like and that are affordable...but I am a hard core RCI person and am nervous about going on a diffrent line.

Anyone else experience this? How is Carnival better then RCI and what all can I expect?

Thanks!

I am 19 and have four RCI cruises under my belt since 03, this coming Jan 09 we're planning a cruise and are bringing along my boyfriend and my brother's girlfriend. We found a couple RCI cruises, but my bf and I arn't able to go until the middle of Jan. So we're running into some trouble.

My mom is considering Carnival for this cruise. I've seen some that I like and that are affordable...but I am a hard core RCI person and am nervous about going on a diffrent line.

Anyone else experience this? How is Carnival better then RCI and what all can I expect?

Thanks!

Why don't you just listen to everyone from the RC board where you posted the same question...obviously you really don't want anyone's opinion here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=847406

Karkee.

I thought I was all about Rcl too until Dh and I tried Carnival. The ship is live at night the whole atmosphere is great. The last Rcl cruise we went on at like 11;00 at night the ship was a ghost town. I think ccl has the best service hands down. Of course everyone is different so, you'll have your opinion. Whatever you decide a cruise is still better than being home. :D I still will sail rcl but, I will always check ccl 1st.

I have been on both twice. I think at 19 you may be disappointed because you are used to the rock climbing walls and skating rinks and flow riders. I think that RCCL has the more beautiful ships. On the other hand I liked the food and the friendliness of the crew better on the Carnival ships that I have been on.

Karysa

I've done a few on both. JMHO ...

Carnival:

1) Dining room food is better.

2) More night-time entertainment options

RCCL:

1) Headliner shows are better

2) Wider range of things to do on the bigger ships

But I'm sure either one will provide a good time.

I have been on both twice. I think at 19 you may be disappointed because you are used to the rock climbing walls and skating rinks and flow riders. I think that RCCL has the more beautiful ships. On the other hand I liked the food and the friendliness of the crew better on the Carnival ships that I have been on.

Karysa

lol, actually I've never used the Rock Climbing wall, my brother loves it and we haven't been on a ship with an ice skating rink or flow riders....We've always have sailed the smaller ships.

lol, actually I've never used the Rock Climbing wall, my brother loves it and we haven't been on a ship with an ice skating rink or flow riders....We've always have sailed the smaller ships.

Then go ahead and try carnival. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Karysa

Hi, I will be taking my first cruise aboard Carnival Conquest. I was torn between CCL and RCI but decided to go with CCL mainly because their PVPs were so nice. It kinda set the stage to what I could perhaps be getting on my cruise. RCI PVPs are just dry. I heard from a lot of folks on here and also my PVP told me that Carnival strives to give you the fun you may not typically get at home. Not sure about where you're from, but the activities that RCI have are no more than what I could get at home. That's probably why their prices are higher. I can go rock climbing, ice skating and boggie boarding or whatever that thing is here at home. I want to be treated with top notch service on my trip, not just average.

So, take the good with the bad and determine for yourself. But, it wouldn't hurt to try Carnival to kinda switch things up a little bit. Don't let people tell you from the RCI board that they hate Carnival without giving an explanation as to why they hate Carnival, and vice versa for this board. Which ever one you pick, happy sailing!

Erica

Hi, I will be taking my first cruise aboard Carnival Conquest. I was torn between CCL and RCI but decided to go with CCL mainly because their PVPs were so nice. It kinda set the stage to what I could perhaps be getting on my cruise. RCI PVPs are just dry. I heard from a lot of folks on here and also my PVP told me that Carnival strives to give you the fun you may not typically get at home. Not sure about where you're from, but the activities that RCI have are no more than what I could get at home. That's probably why their prices are higher. I can go rock climbing, ice skating and boggie boarding or whatever that thing is here at home. I want to be treated with top notch service on my trip, not just average.

So, take the good with the bad and determine for yourself. But, it wouldn't hurt to try Carnival to kinda switch things up a little bit. Don't let people tell you from the RCI board that they hate Carnival without giving an explanation as to why they hate Carnival, and vice versa for this board. Which ever one you pick, happy sailing!

Erica

OK.....I'll give them a try. lol. :rolleyes:

Archived