Up Sell - when to ask?

Bruce62

Hi,

I am on the Gem next month (26th Oct) from Barcelona, booked in an AF grade.

I am interested in upgrading to an AB, but the current jump in price is out of my budget c.$2000+, but would be happy to meet half way. I have read many posts about up-sells and was wondering how to go about this and when?

Thanks in advance,

Bruce

Bruce if you want an AB most likely the only way you will see it is to pay the full difference. Keep checking every day the price may fall. As far as upsell they call you and you can not call them. It is like a lottery and your odds are lower then many. As a rule unless you are booked in the states you have no chance of being one of the winners.

They DO take calls! I have been offered an upsell. I accepted the upsell. The agent gave me her number to call if I was sailing on her ship again. She also told me to feel free to call her to connect with the "other girls" ship. I passed that number along to someone on my sailing that wanted an upsell. She called and received the upsell she wanted (she booked through a TA so she told my friend that she would be calling her TA and offering her XXXX). My PCC has also been able to get me upsells on different cruises. I think it all about how you do it. If you call with the attitude that you deserve an upsell they are not going to give it to you but if you have a good attitude, paid a decent amount for your cabin, are a latitudes member and cruise often they are more likely to offer you an upsell.

They DO take calls! I have been offered an upsell. I accepted the upsell. The agent gave me her number to call if I was sailing on her ship again. She also told me to feel free to call her to connect with the "other girls" ship. I passed that number along to someone on my sailing that wanted an upsell. She called and received the upsell she wanted (she booked through a TA so she told my friend that she would be calling her TA and offering her XXXX). My PCC has also been able to get me upsells on different cruises. I think it all about how you do it. If you call with the attitude that you deserve an upsell they are not going to give it to you but if you have a good attitude, paid a decent amount for your cabin, are a latitudes member and cruise often they are more likely to offer you an upsell.

Your case is the exception. Restrictions were put in place a few years ago concerning people calling in asking/inquiring into upsells for existing bookings. They became overloaded with requests and stopped taking incoming calls - However, things do change so possibly they've decided recently that they will now take calls. Always changing. :rolleyes:

Actually a supervisor, if you are very nice and they are in a good mood, can put in a good word for you at the upsell department. They always want to call if they know you are a sure thing. That is also if they have space available and they know they won't sell it. We are booked on the Sky on the 6th of October and our TA called and we got an e-mail about an hour later asking if we wanted an upsell.

Yes... My upsell was for the Pearl. The agent also said she noted that I would be interested in an upsell for the cruise I had booked. SO I am hoping I receive an email or call... if not I may call myself!

You are right, things are always changing. I don't think they want everyone calling as they would not be abel to do the new bookings so I can see where they would stop that. Maybe she wanted me to call because we were upgrading to the Garden Villas and she knew it would be a sure thing? I am not sure.

Archived