Carnival Liberty - can we have a table for 2?

kdee69

I am very confused with the dining options on the Liberty. we've only sailed on NCL and are newbies.

We would like to have a table for two rather than mixed seating each night. we would also like to eat at various times rather than fixed.

Also, even though I've looked at the website, I can't seem to work out how many restaurants and what sorts of food they do.

Any advice from past Liberty passengers would be a real help

Thx

They have two main dining rooms, a pay as you go supper club and lido deck buffets. Table for two for normal dining is by request from the maitre'd upon boarding the ship. If they have anytime dining then you request it when you make your reservations.

You can request a table for 2 once onboard but it's only a request.

Liberty has two dining rooms. One for early or late dining. Carnival does not have flexible dining. They are testing it on Legend right now.

There is also a specialty restaraunt that is $30 per person.

I am very confused with the dining options on the Liberty. we've only sailed on NCL and are newbies.

We would like to have a table for two rather than mixed seating each night. we would also like to eat at various times rather than fixed.

Also, even though I've looked at the website, I can't seem to work out how many restaurants and what sorts of food they do.

Thx

Hello:

I salied on the Liberty, and I am scheduled to cruise on the Liberty again in a little over a month. If you booked your cruise through a Personal Vacation Planner at Carnival, they are a WEALTH of information about the ship and the options that you will have. If you didn't book through one of them, here's the information! :)

- By the time I sail this time, Carnival will be offering the option of having dinner either at an assigned table and time (traditional) or open seating. So if you enjoy the flexibility that NCL offers, you will have it on the Liberty as well.

- Breakfast and Lunch are always open seating.

- There are tables for 2, but there aren't that many so don't hold your breath for one.

- The dining venues onboard are the Golden Dining Room, Silver Dining Room, Emile's, and Harry's. In addition, you have a sushi bar, a 24 pizzeria, a NY deli, a specialty coffee and pastry shop, and a British fish & chips venue.

- The Golden and Silver Dining Rooms offer sit down, a la carte service.

- Emile's is your casual, buffet style restaurant that becomes the SeaView Bistro at night.

- Harry's is the Supper Club, and it's by reservations only.

- Everything is free except for Harry's (cover charge of $30 per person), and the specialty coffee and pastry shop.

- If you're still hungry, 24 hour room service is free.

Hope you enjoy your cruise aboard the Liberty!

Thx

Beginning in November (I think) the Liberty is offering a Flexible Dining option in addition to the traditional dining. Here is a thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=840014

We signed up for this option for our 11/15 sailing.

Hello:

I salied on the Liberty, and I am scheduled to cruise on the Liberty again in a little over a month. If you booked your cruise through a Personal Vacation Planner at Carnival, they are a WEALTH of information about the ship and the options that you will have. If you didn't book through one of them, here's the information! :)

- By the time I sail this time, Carnival will be offering the option of having dinner either at an assigned table and time (traditional) or open seating. So if you enjoy the flexibility that NCL offers, you will have it on the Liberty as well.

- Breakfast and Lunch are always open seating.

- There are tables for 2, but there aren't that many so don't hold your breath for one.

- The dining venues onboard are the Golden Dining Room, Silver Dining Room, Emile's, and Harry's. In addition, you have a sushi bar, a 24 pizzeria, a NY deli, a specialty coffee and pastry shop, and a British fish & chips venue.

- The Golden and Silver Dining Rooms offer sit down, a la carte service.

- Emile's is your casual, buffet style restaurant that becomes the SeaView Bistro at night.

- Harry's is the Supper Club, and it's by reservations only.

- Everything is free except for Harry's (cover charge of $30 per person), and the specialty coffee and pastry shop.

- If you're still hungry, 24 hour room service is free.

Hope you enjoy your cruise aboard the Liberty!

Great answer, only one thing I can add. Once you embark stop in at the dining room. The maitre d' will review your dining assignment and you can request a table for 2.

we were on liberty last july and my husband and i had a table for 2. it was great. once on board go to dining room and talked to the maitre d and ask.

good luck

lkva

We do the same on every cruise & are always accomodated. We also ask for a table for two if we go to the Dining Room for breakfast or lunch and always have gotten one.:D

We were on the Liberty in June and our request for a table for two was honored however the location was less then optimal against a large post in the main aisle, the maitre de offered to move us the next night without even requesting it however the next table was worse. Again in a main aisle, the waiter dropped soup on my husband, but it really was not his fault, the location was the problem. After being bumped into just two many times we requested to be placed at any dining table which they happily agreed to. We will not be requesting a table for 2 again.

Archived