Freeport Bahamas Jeep Adventure

919Florida

Anyone taken the Freeport Bahamas Jeep Adventure that Carnival offers? Just was wondering what it is like and what you thought of it. It says a meal is included in the price? Is this like a BBQ lunch? Any info or pictures you can provide is greatly apreciated. Still trying to find an excursion in Freeport I would enjoy and am having troubles.

Also do you have to drive the jeep? I am going to be taking this excursion alone and don't feel comfortable fricing in another country.

Thank you.

Chris

Anyone taken the Freeport Bahamas Jeep Adventure that Carnival offers? Just was wondering what it is like and what you thought of it. It says a meal is included in the price? Is this like a BBQ lunch? Any info or pictures you can provide is greatly apreciated. Still trying to find an excursion in Freeport I would enjoy and am having troubles.

Also do you have to drive the jeep? I am going to be taking this excursion alone and don't feel comfortable fricing in another country.

Thank you.

Chris

Chris,

My SIL and I took this excursion in Feb of this year. We had a blast! It was alot of fun. You shouldn't have to drive the jeep as they try to put 4 people in a jeep. They had everyone pair up before you left the pier to get on the bus that takes you to where they have the jeeps. We paired up with two other ladies and we all took turns driving, but that was our choice. They take you to Taino (sp?) beach, then you drive through different residential areas, you will go through their native pine forest, to Lucaya National Park where you will get to see Bens Cave. This is an underwater cave so you really just go down into the entrance, but it is very interesting and the guide will tell you alot about the cave system on the island. You will also get to see where they have the dolphin excursions and get to see the dolphins swimming and jumping around. We then went to the area where Disney had docked the ships for the Pirates of the Carribean movies, there were still parts of the ship props there, right next to that area is a pretty creek that empties into the ocean, then you go to the Casaurina bridge that overlooks the canal system, you will stop here for awhile and the guide will give you more history of the island and the canal system and you can ask him anything you ever wanted to know about GBI and they are very knowledgeable. We had lunch at a beach club and were able to play in the ocean there for about an hour or so after lunch.

They offered several choices for lunch, we had a club sandwich and conch fritters. I can't remember what else they offered. But it was good. You can also purchase alcoholic beverages at the Beach club if you are not going to be the driver for the last leg of the trip back to the base. Then you drop off the jeeps and head back to the pier.

It was a really fun time and my DH and DS's and I are going to take this excursion again in just a little over a week. I really think this is a great excursion as you get to see alot of the island you wouldn't get to see otherwise.

I would feel safe taking this excursion by myself, the guides are great and high energy. They don't take you to any areas that you should feel uncomfortable in. If you have any other questions just ask and I will try to answer. I will try to attach some photos for you, but I dont' seem to have much luck with doing that.

Karen

Wow Karen. Thank you so much for taking the time to get all of the information and the pictures for me. The pictures look great. You convinced me. I really want to take this tour it sounds great.

Have fun on your next adventure.

Chris

Chris,

You are very welcome, I hope you enjoy the excursion as much as we did. It was a lot of fun, and we wanted to do something that would allow us to see more of the island.

Karen

Is this a fairly smooth ride? I have a muscle disorder and would love to take this excursion providing there is no "4-wheeling" involved.

It is all paved roads except for when you are going through the pine forest. Then it is a dirt road, we were trying to "4-wheel" it so it was a little rough, not bad though. If you were to drive it like a "normal person" :o it would probably not be rough. Hope it helps!

Karen

Archived