How do the kids clubs work??

Bindii76

Hi, we have just booked a cruise with the Pacific Sun for September 2008. We are going with a group of friends and we will have one child in the 7 - 12yrs kids club and 2 others in the 3 - 6 yrs kids club. What I am wondering is, how do these things work? Do they have a limit on numbers, is it first in, first served?

Cheers,

Belinda

You just booked a cruise for Sept. 2008?

They know how many children will be aboard and should be appropriately staffed. You just sign them up and drop them off; it's not first come, first served.

I note in your other thread you asked what other activities children could participate in. I know nothing about P&O cruises, so can't help you there. If you have a travel agent, they should have told you all this before you booked.

We pulled our (then) 10 year old, fifth grader out for six days to cruise. We had an A~M~A~Z~I~N~G time! BUT, we decided we would probably not do it again. Three reasons:

1. It was a lot of work to make up in a short amount of time.

2. It was a lot of class instruction time to miss.

3. As the year went on, my daughter was hit with strep throat 2 different times (each requiring multiple antibiotics to kick) and the stomach flu 2 times. Once it was all said and done, she missed 17.5 days of school. Although they were all excused absences, that is WAY TOO many days of school to miss in my opinion.

Now, having or oldest in middle school we probably will not allow vacations to interfer with schooling by more than one or two days.

For what it's worth, that is my feeling on the subject. Good luck making your decision.

Archived