Packing for Theme Nights Pacific Sun - HELP

Cruisey Mum

Hey girls 2 weeks before I head off on Pacific sun 7 nights cruise - what to pack for theme and formal nights and also everyday wear, heels or sandles? Is it cool on board at night and on the decks. Thongs whats the go - Ive heard island themes and western nights! How do you know what to pack........too excited just want to enjoy and be comfortable......any tips for hubby as well and kids, wanna make sure I pack properly. All tips welcome for first time cruisers..................:)

Hey girls 2 weeks before I head off on Pacific sun 7 nights cruise - what to pack for theme and formal nights and also everyday wear, heels or sandles? Is it cool on board at night and on the decks. Thongs whats the go - Ive heard island themes and western nights! How do you know what to pack........too excited just want to enjoy and be comfortable......any tips for hubby as well and kids, wanna make sure I pack properly. All tips welcome for first time cruisers..................:)

Its a holiday - go and relax. I usually just take one pair of heels for night - the rest I wear sandals or sneakers. Theme nights - maybe 2 at the most. There will probably be an island night and a rock and roll night or country night. We only ever dress up on island night - buy the leis in Crazy Clarks before you go. I don't go to impress anybody - I go to enjoy myself and have a good rest. Because we now cruise a couple of times a year, I have a list made up and I stick to it although next time I am taking much less than previous. First cruise I took 3 skirts, trousers, heaps of shoes and about a dozen tops. Ended up wearing 1 skirt, 1 pr trousers 1 pr of shoes and about 6 tops in the evenings. Just added weight to carry around and less space for souvineirs and goodies. :D mummsie

When we did the Sun in Feb they had 2 formal nights and a few theme nights. We saw photos from a Pirate Night that we had absolutely NO idea that they'd even had as it wasn't advertised too well in the Daily.

They also had a Country & Western night that was pretty low key too. We wore jeans and checkered shirts to dinner but there was no big party or much of a fuss about it as there had been on previous cruises.

Island night was the best. The whole ship got into party mode for that one. Most people turned up in leis they'd brought from home and their hawaiian shirts and sarongs. If you're visiting Vila prior to island night you'll be able to buy heaps of cheap leis and grass skirts. Unfortunatley our island night was the night before Vila so the ladies at the markets missed out on a few extra $$ out of our cruise :(

Just got off PS. As everyone elso has said Island night nearly everyone dresses up in lies, sarong or hawian shirts. For the formal night you go go all out or just a nice smart outfit. We wore the same outfit on both formal nights. I had one pair of slip ons for day, sneakers for on tours and heel for formal outfit. Kids lived in crocs as much as possibly. If you are going to Lofue reef shoes or thongs are a must as beach is sandy but once you get into water it is all coral and kills your feet (as I found out) went back to ship to get sons thongs to wear LOL. Everyday wear is suitable on island and boat no need to go all out, smart casual, neat appearance was all that most had. :) PS DONT USE WASHING MACHINCE NO 1 ON DECK 5 our washing got locked in for about 2 hours and have heard story of this happening to others also...:mad: pursuers desk said happens alot. THEN FIX IT PLEASE..:mad: anyway enjoy your cruise.

Thanks girls for all your tips and hints. I going to keep it simple and mix and match tops and bottoms. Have bought my suitcase today and Im ready to start packing!!! How was the weather the other week? Long sleeved or short sleeved? I can handle any thing in the mid 20's the hotter the better.... Any rain or was it dry? any way rambling on, off to buy Avomine, travelcalm, sea bands and ginger today (do ya think I have it all covered!!!) Thanks again :)

We saw photos from a Pirate Night that we had absolutely NO idea that they'd even had as it wasn't advertised too well in the Daily. :(

Hi Jo,

We were on the same cruise as you. The Pirates were just staff dressed as pirates who 'ambushed' us as we came out of the dining room. People had their photos taken with them. It wasn't a theme night. :):)

Evon.

When we did the Sun in Feb they had 2 formal nights and a few theme nights. We saw photos from a Pirate Night that we had absolutely NO idea that they'd even had as it wasn't advertised too well in the Daily.

Hi Minxy,

Similar from Evon's comments when we were on Sun Princess. Two of the photographers were dressed as pirates, and they "ambushed" us for a photo opportunity by the waiting unpirated photographer one night when we exited the dining room. There wasn't a theme night to go with it, but I heard a similar comment to yours as a family was skimming through the photos in the kiosk.

I turned my lens onto these culprits from our cruise

2573068750101343478S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived