Cancellation Advice

morriscats

First of all, I would not say a thing when he checks in; then you're not lying. People cruise together all the time who are acquaintances and are not responsible for each other. If you're asked, just say you don't know where she is; she'd planned to be there when you booked.

If the girl friend cancels her booking, that changes everything. Yes, Princess can charge a single supplement because if the girl friend cancels, she or whoever paid for the booking will get money back. If that happens, definitely switch someone from your quad to your son's booking. Check with your TA what the charge would be to switch someone from one booking to the other. There's likely a difference between the 3rd or 4th passenger rate and the 2nd person in the inside.

Auto-tips are charged only to passengers who are checked in; he would not have to pay double tips. I usually cruise single in a cabin and do not pay double auto-tip.

I am totally confused. If the cabin was fully paid and Princess already received full payment for 2 people in the cabin, how can they charge more??? If the OP's son had originally booked the cabin as a single then he would have paid 160% of the fare (you only pay 200% for balcony cabins and higher). How does Princess get away with getting the cruise fare for 2 people and then charge more if the son shows up alone?

this is exactly what i thought. how can it be more expensive than paying for 2 people? at most a single pays double and one fuel surcharge.

Archived