Shows on Carnival

luvscruising2007

I have been on three RCL cruises and loved the experience. We are booked on a Carnival cruise and have a question about the shows on Carnival Cruises. RC shows are consistently first rate. What can we expect on a Carnival cruise? Please give me examples.

Thanks for any info. J

What ship are you on, and when? There's generally a couple of big production shows with singing and dancing, a comedian or two, and maybe a ventriloquist, magician, juggling act, hypnotist or something like that. The opening night "welcome aboard" production show is kind of corny, and a bit cheesy, with tacky red/white/blue costumes and the dancing Carnival mascot, but it's all in good fun. The other big production shows are generally very good and quite entertaining, though not Broadway caliber. The other acts are generally good, but can vary.

Since I am on the Splendor as we speak, getting off tomorrow, the shows we have seen were all very good. We especially loved the big shows but the other shows were especially good too. I think it depends on the age group of the ship, as to what they offer.

Whatever you are given, I hope you have a fabulous cruise.

We are going to Rome tomorrow for two days and when I am actually alive enough to posts a review of our fabulous cruise/pre I will tell you all about it.

The production shows are "Vegas Style" which means that they can get a bit risque. check with the CD or someone in his office about just how risque they are before taking children or young teens to see them. The ones on the Conquest I wouldn't take a child under 14 to see. The talent shows can be kind of cute, if you're into things like "America has Talent". Can't speak for the ventriloquist or hypnotist as I'm not into things like that.

I have been on three RCL cruises and loved the experience. We are booked on a Carnival cruise and have a question about the shows on Carnival Cruises. RC shows are consistently first rate. What can we expect on a Carnival cruise? Please give me examples.

Thanks for any info. J

I have just a couple RCI sailing under my belt, and based on those shows, if you liked them, then you should like the shows on Carnival. I LOVE the Carnival shows.

I personally thought the shows on RCI, were kinda blah. I have been told the ice shows are better, but I have yet to sail on a class of ship with this feature.

The ice show was spectacular and no cruise show will ever take its place in that department. Are you talking about the vegas style shows or other shows-- Quest is another "show" on Royal and again will not have that repeated on another cruise I go on unless its a royal cruise

Each cruise show has been different-- some good-- and others were a nice time to while away an hour.

Miracle-ticket to ride was good== redition of beatles music.

A ship name will help- most shows are on the same ship for up to 5 years.

Thanks for all of the replies.

We will be on the Pride. We have always enjoyed most of the shows on RCL just because a live show is hard to beat. We like the production numbers but I think if the comedian is good, that type of show is more fun.

The ice show on RC is great.

One of the things that we noticed about RC is that unless the show is late at night, after 10:30 or so, they are very family friendly. That really isn't a concern for us as we will be travelling with our adult children.

Thanks again for the replies and I will continue to read other replies and opinions.:)

Archived