How far in advance to you book your excursions?

01Sweetpea

We're going to GC in 7/05. DH & I are deciding between Capt Marvin's and a catamaran stingray & snorkel tour. I know both of these excursions are very popular and probably book up fast, so how far in advance do you book? As soon as you decide on your excursions, 6 months out 3 months out?

I would say to find out what the cancellation policy is, and if it is something you can live with (like no penalty with a few days advance notice), go ahead and book. Haven't seen any in GC, but in some other ports, you can even get a discount if you book 60 days or more in advance.

We went to the grand cayman last cruise( carnival spirit) we did the stingray bar swim.It was alot of fun.What we do is we go over the shore excursion on the website and on the first day after you are settled in .Carnival's interactive TV's have a booking thing that you can book your tours through the tube.So...Decide from the website and then as soon as you get on board book them either at the excursion desk or on the telly.Have alot of fun!!!Oh yeh,Bring lots of sun screen

regards from Winnipeg

We went to the grand cayman last cruise( carnival spirit) we did the stingray bar swim.It was alot of fun.What we do is we go over the shore excursion on the website and on the first day after you are settled in .Carnival's interactive TV's have a booking thing that you can book your tours through the tube.So...Decide from the website and then as soon as you get on board book them either at the excursion desk or on the telly.Have alot of fun!!!Oh yeh,Bring lots of sun screen

regards from Winnipeg

I like to book excursions as soon as I know what I want to do. If Capt Marvins is what you want--email them and ask if its too early for reservations.
I prefer to get as much as my cruise prepaid before we leave.

Archived