Video Recording on Carnival Glory

919Florida

Hello,

I got a new video camera I want to take on my upcoming Nov 15th Carnival Glory cruise. Is video taping restricted at all shows on Carnival or are there some where you are allowed to record? What kind of shows are on the Glory right now?

Any information is apreciated.

Chris

DH bought a video camera days before our cruise and it was my job to do the video and he with the camera. The video came with me practically everywhere!!! Some shows they will announce no video tapin allowed but I did see some who did. There is always a way around that.

Hello,

I got a new video camera I want to take on my upcoming Nov 15th Carnival Glory cruise. Is video taping restricted at all shows on Carnival or are there some where you are allowed to record? What kind of shows are on the Glory right now?

Any information is apreciated.

Chris

You can freely tape any of the "non-produced" shows like the Liars Club, Newlywed/Not-So Newlywed/Hairy Chest Contest (basically ones where guests are the main participants - get the right people on stage and you'll be ROTFL!). They didn't seem to be too worried about the final night of the Legends show either...

They won't let you tape the comedians, stage productions and the like. (yes it does occasionally get done, but let's stick by the rules here...)

Remember extra discs/tapes/batteries. It's always easier to record more and delete later rather than go "I should have..."

Great relaxer is setting the camera on the balcony for an hour and just recording the world go by. Makes those cool winter days go by easier.

This is funny:

"Here’s our side of the story. Obviously, we have copyright restrictions on the shows and, quite honestly, our shows are the best at sea and we don’t want the Copycat of the Seas stealing our ideas. So, just like the theaters and show rooms of Vegas, London and Broadway, along with most other cruise lines, we make pre-show announcements banning the use of video cameras.

Now, this use to be easy to do because video cameras used to be the size of a Hummer. Nowadays however, they are the size of Kate Moss’s left buttock and most digital, wafer- thin cameras also have video mode thingies in them, as well. We have two staff members on duty during the show and -whereas I do not want them to be the police - they do have show duties to perform………..making sure the aisles and stairways are clear ……… checking on the safety of the performers and when blatantly obvious…………stop people from filming the show.

In this case it wasn’t hard for Kevin the entertainment staff member to realize that Mr. Sony was filming the show because his camera was made in 1865 and needed a suitcase with a battery in it…………and…………it had a light on the top so big it could have warned large ships. Now, forget the fact the guest ignored the pre-show announcements and the fact that it is written in the Capers but having a huge light shining onto the stage from the third row is just ludicrous.

"

Full story here:

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2008/08/28/goodbye-from-fred-ginger-and-mehello-to-heidi-and-todd/

Archived