Platinum Event?

karkee07

I am listed as Platinum and I was looking over all what I get to do with the Platinum status and it says that there is an "exclusive event"

What is it??? lol.

My boyfriend and my brothers girlfriend will be first time cruises, but since they will be with 4 Platinum members will be beable in the Platinum level things with us?

The event is usually a cocktail party one evening. You can bring along guests. The captain speaks and tells you what new ship RCCL is building, when it will be done and where it will be cruising. The loyalty ambassador tells you her hours for booking your next cruise on board ship. There are some canapes and drinks.

It is the C&A Platinum and higher status reception. If your boyfriend is with you in the same cabin he will be able to go under your invitation. The same goes for you brother's girlfriend if he is Platinum and is in his cabin. All guest in the same cabin get to go to the higher status member event except for the free excursion event for Diamond members.

What is the free excursion event?? First time Iv heard of this. Do they give you a free excursion in a port?

Yeah, what's that? I have been Diamond for quite some time now and never had any special party/excursion outside of the Platinum/Diamond get together. Also regarding another post by someone, you're not suppose to bring guests to these events either, but if they're in the same cabin I am sure they could get in.

We have just been on the Mariner and are platinum members too. On our cruise there were two events, one was for returning guests and at that one the Captain spoke and gave all the upcoming ship news - lots about the Oasis, at this function there were free cocktails and canapes served. Then on another evening was the platinum/diamond cocktail party had even better canapes and drinks, but there was No Captain speaking at this event - the Loyalty Ambassador, hosted the event. So I guess it varies by ship.

As stated, only those in the same cabin can go if they are not at the same level. You also can board together for priority boarding with that status and so can your guests if they are with you.

...you answered my question about priority boarding. :D

Archived