White strappy sandals OK in January?

aubriee

I've recently bought several bright tropical dresses to wear for my first Caribbean cruise. I don't want to have to carry any more shoes than I have to. Would white strappy sandals with kitten heels look out of place on casual nights in January in the Caribbean? I'll be on the Carnival Freedom, if that matters.:confused:

In my opinion, it's OK to wear white strappy sandals as far as dress ettiquette goes, as far as style, I would never wear white shoes or sandals of anykind.

A much more stylish or classy look would be natural leather or light leather, or silver or gold. Just my opinion of course.

I've recently bought several bright tropical dresses to wear for my first Caribbean cruise. I don't want to have to carry any more shoes than I have to. Would white strappy sandals with kitten heels look out of place on casual nights in January in the Caribbean? I'll be on the Carnival Freedom, if that matters.:confused:

White shoes are fine for the Carribbean any time of the year.

Have a great cruise!

Count me as one who does not like white shoes.

However thats not to say everyone dislikes them,

Didn't realize we were taking a poll on who likes or doesn't like white shoes :D

so wear what ever you like and have fun on your cruise.

If Aubriee didn't care she wouldn't have asked the question. But she does care, and she likes white sandals and wants to be appropriately dressed and white sandals are appropriate in tropical climates all year long, whether you personally like white shoes or not. :)

Thanks for the responses. I'm trying to pack as light as possible and want to carry as few shoes as possible. I just wanted to make sure white shoes would not be out of place in January. Since most of my dresses have white in them, I thought white shoes would be more versatile. Packing light is not my usual style, but I'm going to try:) . Right now I am looking at carrying white sandals, black sandals, and silver sandals, plus water shoes, flip flops, and a good pair of walking shoes. Ooops! did I say I was packing light?:o

Well, my Mom is taking white sandals for a couple outfits. It's the Carribbean...you'll be fine!

Personally, I think I'm going to end up taking 8 pairs of shoes. My black thong sandals, my silver dress sandals, my black slingbacks (go with a specific outfit), and my brown sandals. Plus my water shoes and three pairs of flip-flops. They'll all get worn so I don't think it's too much :)

Jane110,

Why are you being so mean and flame me simply because I posted that I did not like white and thought it was fine if the op wanted to wear them.

I meant no harm what so ever.

I hardly ever post on this thread, and now I know why.

You will not flame me again, as I promise you will not see me here again. Good Bye.

Don't Go!!!!!!! As for Jane110 don't let this one person get under your skin!!!!:( i have had the same problem not with this person but others and you know what I'm a better person because I laugh it off and then I say something :D No really don't go because of this rude person!!! I say if they are bashing me then I guess everyone else is safe!!!!:D

1tuckersmom,

I wasn't being mean and I didn't flame you. I know that sometimes it's hard to read tone of voice on a written board, which is why emoticoms are so popular. I did use a couple of smiley's to soften.

This is a fashion board, IOW, people come here to ask about fashion, usually for their cruises. They ask because they care! They want to be dressed appropriately. So when someone comes on with a question of "is it okay to wear.................?" and they get a response of "wear whatever you want", how does that help them? They seek advice from those who have been there/done that before them. I've yet to cruise to Alaska, but when I do, I'm sure I'll post here to get some pointers. "Wear what you want" won't help me.

And as for your opinion of white shoes when the OP asked if white sandals were appropriate in the Carribbean in January...... I just thought that it was an odd response (from you and others) to tell her that you in fact dislike white shoes. Very often people here post a picture of a dress and ask, "is this okay for formal night?". If it is, I say so whether I personally like the dress or not. Why would I say, "Yes, it's appropriate for formal night. However, I don't like it". What would be the point? :)

In fact, let's put the shoe on the other foot for a sec......if the OP were overly sensitive, she could have just as easily felt that she was being flamed for her taste in footwear. Right? ;)

No really don't go because of this rude person!!! I say if they are bashing me then I guess everyone else is safe!!!!:D

I was not being rude to her nor bashing anyone. And as I said in my response to her. The OP could easily think that 1tuckermom was bashing her and insulting her taste in shoes.

Funny, that when someone posts that they're wear a particular item, and another posts that they don't like that item, that's considered polite. But when another person questions that, it's considered flaming! Hmmm...

Thanks for the responses. I'm trying to pack as light as possible and want to carry as few shoes as possible. I just wanted to make sure white shoes would not be out of place in January. Since most of my dresses have white in them, I thought white shoes would be more versatile. Packing light is not my usual style, but I'm going to try:) . Right now I am looking at carrying white sandals, black sandals, and silver sandals, plus water shoes, flip flops, and a good pair of walking shoes. Ooops! did I say I was packing light?:o

You're welcome and I'm glad you weren't upset by those who told you that they didn't like white shoes.

I think you made great choices that will cover a wide range of outfits and activities. Actually, you ARE packing light! :) I usually bring 10 pair for a week's cruise! You'll end up wearing them all and will be happy to have them.

Have a Fantastic cruise! We'd love to hear about it when you get back.

Don't Go!!!!!!! As for Jane110 don't let this one person get under your skin!!!!:( i have had the same problem not with this person but others and you know what I'm a better person because I laugh it off and then I say something :D No really don't go because of this rude person!!! I say if they are bashing me then I guess everyone else is safe!!!!:D

Good grief. I've never seen Jane110 post a rude reply, but she will be honest and answer people's questions. If you can't handle the heat ...

1tuckersmom, please don't go and no I was not upset that some people posted they did not like white shoes. If I hadn't wanted an honest response to my question, I would not have asked it. What I really wanted to know was if white in the Carribean in January was appropriate and also maybe some ideas for what others wear. I may or may not use the ideas, but would still like to hear them.

I have a good friend who adores high heels. That's about all she wears and she has tons of them. She has made alot of suggestions and has even offered to loan me some shoes, but no way, no how am I wearing high heels on a moving ship.:eek: I respect her style, but it is not mine (plus I can't even stand up in them, much less wear them for long periods:o). As far as liking white shoes, I didn't even realize until the other posters mentioned not liking white shoes, that the only pair of white dress shoes I have, are these that I bought for my upcoming cruise. I had never noticed that fact before. I wear alot of white in the summer, but never buy white shoes either.:confused: I found these at an end of summer sale and thought they would be good for the cruise. They're strappy with only a small 2" kitten heel on them, so maybe I won't fall and break my neck.:D Again, thanks for the responses.

Archived