Weekend Plans

marvholly

Oldest DD is closing on her new (different) house on Fri am and I am going over to take pix for the rest of the family and begin the pre-move paint and clean up after work. Mom owns the "family carpet shampooer. I put in some OT early in the week and should be able start about 6:45 am and to leave work about 2-2:30. Found a place today with an $8 manicure special using OPI poishes about 1 1/2 miles frome home. Will consider doing after dealing w/ DD clean ups. However, they are closed on Sun and my own house is desparate for some major cleaning and general housekeeping.

Took silk pant suit, bought for $32 spring 03 for a friends DD's wedding, into the tailor today (lost 8 lb.) and tailoring is going to cost $25 and cleaning $15. Oh well another use for it for niece's bat mitzvah in 3 weeks. Love the outfit and bought matching sandals at the end of season at Kmart for about $5 and purse at Kohls for under $5.

Holly ~ doesn't it crack you up when you find "the bargain" only to have it tailored and spend more than the actual purchase! :eek:

I have done this, but I try to be really good. I also look at the tags so that I don't have to send as much to the dry cleaner, cause we know how expensive that can be, too!

Enjoy your upcoming weekend, girls!

Janet

VERY seldom buy things that require dry cleaning except wool pants for winter. Many things can be hand washed. However, this is 100% silk and I know that usually needs cleaning. Considering this outfit originally cost about $120 I am still ahead of the game.

So heres the weekend update. Left work Fir at 2a:30. Went to oldest DD and Took pix for family. cleaned the kitchen fridge, pantry and 1/2 the cabinets. Her grandfather and grandmother came over to see the place and wnet to dinner at about 5:30. On sat emailed pix to family, did my own grocery shopping and went back and cleaned rest of kit. cabs, Fr bath cabs, shelves and base boards in 2 out of 3 bed closets and interiors of windows on main and FR levels (bi-level house windows in lv, dine, kit, and fr). Sun collapsed and played on computer. My own house is a wreck. Olsdest has primed and painted 3rd bedroomand run tons of errrands picking up needed supplies. Partner has cleaned basement fridge, both linen closets, lined shelves in kitchen, pantry, both baths and helped paint (cut in).

I did warn them that this is a "one and only" that my Mom did for me on 1st house (this is their 2nd but in my area, 1st was in partners parents area) and NEVER again. Gettin toooo old. But I will hopeully get payback back when I move prob spring 06.

They actually move in on 11/12 and "MOM" (me) is bringing in dinner that nite. Since they are veggie I plan on my multi-can quick minnestrone, spinich bread and either a fruit or a salad. Maybe something chocolate too.

Archived