Moves in the theatre on the Queen Victoria

bonni99

Hi- can anyone tell me what time they show movies in the theatre on the Queen Victoria? With the QM2 having the benefit of Illuminations they were able to offer 3 showings a day but with the Queen victoria having to put shows on beforehand are the movies on only once a day and late? Any advice would be great as we loved watching movies on Qm2 and are booked on the Queen Victoria for next April!

Hi- can anyone tell me what time they show movies in the theatre on the Queen Victoria? With the QM2 having the benefit of Illuminations they were able to offer 3 showings a day but with the Queen victoria having to put shows on beforehand are the movies on only once a day and late? Any advice would be great as we loved watching movies on Qm2 and are booked on the Queen Victoria for next April!

Well if the previous posters are anything to judge by it won't matter because if you've been on any Cunard boat in the last 6 years you'll have seen them all before.

Gari

during the world cruise this year they sometimes showed a movie around 2pm...there werent any latenight ones unfortunatly., it used to be a great way to relax if you didnt want to go to a show but because its in the theatre blah blah......

I cheated and took movies on my ipod and played them on the tv....main problem with that was...no popcorn..

during the world cruise this year they sometimes showed a movie around 2pm...there werent any latenight ones unfortunatly., it used to be a great way to relax if you didnt want to go to a show but because its in the theatre blah blah......

I cheated and took movies on my ipod and played them on the tv....main problem with that was...no popcorn..

No Popcorn! You've been ripped off. Return your ipod immediately.

G.

No Popcorn! You've been ripped off. Return your ipod immediately.

G.

no.......it was my room steward that banned the popcorn....i dont think he liked cleaning out the chocolate wrappers and popcorn from my sheets...... its gets everywhere you know......:(

We take a small DVD player with us and a variety of DVds to enjoy back in the cabin and thank god we do as the TV is poor on the Qm2-

Strange thread this, so far we have had 'rubbish theatre shows', 'rubbish movie programming', somewhere else we have 'rubbish service and food' in Britannia, 'rubbish cruise director', people driven to taking their own entertainment ' cos the TV is so rubbish. Hmmmm!

(Before I am taken to task and beaten pedantically about the head and body, let me say, in this post, I use the word 'rubbish' to encompass all grades of criticism)

Gari

Strange thread this, so far we have had 'rubbish theatre shows', 'rubbish movie programming', somewhere else we have 'rubbish service and food' in Britannia, 'rubbish cruise director', people driven to taking their own entertainment ' cos the TV is so rubbish. Hmmmm!

(Before I am taken to task and beaten pedantically about the head and body, let me say, in this post, I use the word 'rubbish' to encompass all grades of criticism)

Gari

I mus admit, I find it difficult to understand why anyone would want to watch films during the day when there is so much else to do on a cruise, almost like going on holiday and staying in your hotel room. I guess not everyone likes lectures, quizzes, shopping lounging in the sun on deck, keep fit, dancing classes, etc etc Having said that, when getting ready for dinner, the TV is usually on and flicking round the channels, I have yet to see the same movie on either the QM2 or QV, but, as said, I don't pay cruise prices to watch films:D

Being on a cruise for me is a chance for relaxation. Yes there are a myriad of activities to be undertaken but at the same time, I also like to relax and one way I like to relax is to watch a movie or two. I

am obviously not alone as the Qm2 screenings were fairly full last week! Not everything fun and enjoyable about a cruise involves running around and expending energy! I have a stressful job and part of the pleasure of the Qm2 is taking a step back, relaxing and undertaking activities that I find fun!

As to this thread being all about rubbishing Cunard- I think it actually started with an innocuous question about movies on the Queen Victoria...if you can't help with that they why respond at all?

As to this thread being all about rubbishing Cunard- I think it actually started with an innocuous question about movies on the Queen Victoria...if you can't help with that they why respond at all?

I thought it was about moves in the theatre, and was most disappointed when I discovered it was not, as I was expecting some little RADA-type tips. But as I'm here anyway, I've never been on QV, and never hired a movie in my life. Not remotely helpful, but into each life a little rain must fall.

Sorreee, Sir Martin:cool:

I thought it was about moves in the theatre, and was most disappointed when I discovered it was not, as I was expecting some little RADA-type tips. But as I'm here anyway, I've never been on QV, and never hired a movie in my life. Not remotely helpful, but into each life a little rain must fall.

Sorreee, Sir Martin:cool:

I fear I'm agreeing with the cat...:eek:

And, as a friend just said: "How many posts does it take to ask a question and get an answer? Two? So what are we supposed to do the rest of the time?" After all, (a) we're past post number ten, and (b) this is the Cunard board, right?

Let 'r rip... Or words to that effect. :rolleyes:

Archived