Suggestions?: Hotel/restaurant for pre-cruise dinner in FLL

hellocruise

I'm getting married in port on the morning of departure, so my guests are arriving in Fort Lauderdale the day before. I'd like to plan a pre-cruise dinner, can anyone suggest a good restaurant that can accommodate ~35 guests, and also be within walking/bus stop distance of a hotel. Preferably a hotel that has complimentary port shuttle too?

I know there are a couple of hotels with restaurants & spas inside, but I just can't ask the guests to pay the higher per night rate, $200+.

This link here: http://www.sunny.org/static/index.cfm?contentID=422

has a lot of good hotel information, but no "nearby dining" information.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you!

progress.gifedit.gif

I'm getting married in port on the morning of departure, so my guests are arriving in Fort Lauderdale the day before. I'd like to plan a pre-cruise dinner, can anyone suggest a good restaurant that can accommodate ~35 guests, and also be within walking/bus stop distance of a hotel. Preferably a hotel that has complimentary port shuttle too?

I know there are a couple of hotels with restaurants & spas inside, but I just can't ask the guests to pay the higher per night rate, $200+.

This link here: http://www.sunny.org/static/index.cfm?contentID=422

has a lot of good hotel information, but no "nearby dining" information.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you!

progress.gifedit.gif

Firstly, when are you looking to book hotels? A Fort Lauderdale hotel that is $125 in September will be $400 in February.

Secondly, I know you have a lot of people but ditch the shuttle idea. Hotel shuttles can't fit that many people and just for your party would have to make 3-4 trips to port not to mention the other hotel guests jockeying for a seat.

I would suggest The Courtyard By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach for the hotel and Big City Tavern or Mancinis on Las Olas. Your guests can hop on the Sun Trolley and be on Las Olas in five minutes AND they'll be really impressed. They can also pick up the water taxi on Las Olas.

http://lasolasboulevard.com/

If it is off season, I would pick The Westin Diplomat and walk across the street and eat at Nikki Marina. You can cab it to the port but the hotel and restaurant is so fabulous, you will not care. Way cool to watch the mega yachts cruising up and down the waterway. The hotel is ocean front.

Firstly, when are you looking to book hotels? A Fort Lauderdale hotel that is $125 in September will be $400 in February.

Secondly, I know you have a lot of people but ditch the shuttle idea. Hotel shuttles can't fit that many people and just for your party would have to make 3-4 trips to port not to mention the other hotel guests jockeying for a seat.

I would suggest The Courtyard By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach for the hotel and Big City Tavern or Mancinis on Las Olas. Your guests can hop on the Sun Trolley and be on Las Olas in five minutes AND they'll be really impressed. They can also pick up the water taxi on Las Olas.

http://lasolasboulevard.com/

If it is off season, I would pick The Westin Diplomat and walk across the street and eat at Nikki Marina. You can cab it to the port but the hotel and restaurant is so fabulous, you will not care. Way cool to watch the mega yachts cruising up and down the waterway. The hotel is ocean front.

the CY doesnt have a shuttle, but one of their bellmen runs a little van company...IIRC his name was Ray...if you call the hotel and ask for him, he may be able to help....he was the nicest person working there...

nice hotel... have pix if you click the links below...(i forget which one!)

the CY doesnt have a shuttle, but one of their bellmen runs a little van company...IIRC his name was Ray...if you call the hotel and ask for him, he may be able to help....he was the nicest person working there...

nice hotel... have pix if you click the links below...(i forget which one!)

Excellent information!

Archived