Balcony Rooms On Dream

yoyocruiser

I hav never been in a balcony room and will be in one on the Dream to Bermuda. It seems that balcony rooms seem to vary from ship to ship. So if any one has any information could they tell me:

1) Do the balcony rooms on the Dream have refrigerators?

2) Do these rooms have the new bedding, and if not, any sense of the quality of the mattress/bedding?

3) Do they have little bottles of shampoo and conditioner or is it a dispenser on the wall?

4) Do they have bathrobes?

5) Any other information about the rooms is appreciated.

Since this ship is going out of use I don't know quite what to expect. I like to pack as little as possible, and be prepared as possible. I am sure we will have a fantastic time regardless. I can't wait to have a balcony!!:D

We've been in balcony cabins twice on the Dream but not since the latest upgrades.

All balcony cabins have refrigerators.

Can't comment on the bedding.

It used to be a dispenser on the wall of the shower but this may have changed.

You should receive bathrobes. If not, ask your room steward for them.

The balcony cabins used to have an enhanced breakfast (via room service) menu which included hot items. I would expect this is still the case.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, yes it is very helpful. I was most concerned about the refrigerator. I hope there is an opportunity to order a hot breakfast, but I will be happy no matter what. I am just dreaming of having coffee on the balcony. A hot breakfast too? That would be perfect. But coffee on the balcony is almost perfect.:D

Have not been on the Dream. From readin gthe boards though, i can tell you she is not receiving all of the 2.0 upgrades. She does not and will not be getting the new bedding. NCL does not want to put any more money than they need to since she has been sold and will only be sailing under NCL for another month.

Bermuda itself will make up for the uncomrtable bed, trust me.

Happy Cruising!

Have not been on the Dream. From readin gthe boards though, i can tell you she is not receiving all of the 2.0 upgrades. She does not and will not be getting the new bedding. NCL does not want to put any more money than they need to since she has been sold and will only be sailing under NCL for another month.

Bermuda itself will make up for the uncomrtable bed, trust me.

Happy Cruising!

having spent 20+ nights on the Dream I would not describe the beds as uncomfortable. Even without the upgraded bedding, we had no complaints at all about the beds and bedding.

I'm not sure when you are sailing but you might want to consider the Honeymoon / Romance Package which is a very good deal and includes a meal for 2 in Le Bistro which is well worth visiting (extra charge).

For evening meals we preferred either Terraces or La Trattoria over the Four Seasons dining room. Both Terraces and La Trattoria are at the aft of the ship with glass on 3 sides, offering superb views.

Thanks for the food recommendations, also glad to know the beds aren't uncomfortable. I knew that the Dream was retiring from NCL so figured some of the upgrades were not available. However, we were on the Majesty last year--before the bedding upgrades--and I thought the beds were VERY comfortable. That is an old ship too and I don't know if they have made the upgrades on the Majesty either. No matter what i will sleep well. We had an OV room on the Majesty, it seemed very small. I hope the balcony room is larger, but again, no matter what, I will have a great time. Thanks for the information and the recommendations!

Archived