Valor 1A Room #2211

michigyrl

I am in the process of booking a March cruise on the Valor for daughter and I. Room #2211 has a single bed with convertible sofa and portholes. Is the convertible sofa comfortable?

The first and only cruise we took was an inside room--it's my thought that although this is a 1A, it might feel like a step up. Any info you can give me would be appreciated on this room.

Thanks,

Kristen

I was just in that room this past February...although I was by myself and didn't sleep on the sofa. However I have slept on the convertible sofa in other rooms and in my opinion, they are just as comfortable as the beds.

One caution about this room...not sure which itinerary you will be on, but if you have to anchor and tendor into ports...be aware that it is extremely loud when they drop the anchor!!! The first morning when they dropped it, it scared the crap out of me!!!

Have fun, the Valor is one of my favorite ships!!!

I only book these style Cat 1A cabins for my wife and me. They are great value: lowest price on ship, lots more room than an inside plus portholes. I have not been on the Valor yet but have slept on the convertible sofas on other ships in comparable cabins and they all have been quite comfortable. They tend towards being very firm which I like. The noise when docking usually lasts only a few minutes and I tend to just roll over and go back to sleep. You will feel more motion being so far forward but nothing excessive.

• 8 years later...
I only book these style Cat 1A cabins for my wife and me. They are great value: lowest price on ship, lots more room than an inside plus portholes. I have not been on the Valor yet but have slept on the convertible sofas on other ships in comparable cabins and they all have been quite comfortable. They tend towards being very firm which I like. The noise when docking usually lasts only a few minutes and I tend to just roll over and go back to sleep. You will feel more motion being so far forward but nothing excessive.

Did you have any issues with your room? I have room 2211 on the Valor this upcoming May and am just a little concerned. I've only had an interior room before this.