Stock Obc Not Combinable Anymore

jmezmom

It is great news regarding the NC'S but I feel we are mising another a vital point. Yes it is nice if they allow us to use the NC's & shareholder's OBC'S but what has happened to the C&A coupons that are no longer allowed with our shareholder OBC's? As we all realize the NC's cost us money that is tied up with RCI for whatever the duration is until we cruise. What has hapened with the combination of shareholder's OBC'S & C&A coupons(if we happen to have the coupons for that particular cruise) for us returnee's & stock holder? IMHO I feel that this is a major travesty for the stock holder & returnee. And yes I have written a letter & emailed it to RCI expressing those concerns! My response from them has been less then stellar!

It is great news regarding the NC'S but I feel we are mising another a vital point. Yes it is nice if they allow us to use the NC's & shareholder's OBC'S but what has happened to the C&A coupons that are no longer allowed with our shareholder OBC's? As we all realize the NC's cost us money that is tied up with RCI for whatever the duration is until we cruise. What has hapened with the combination of shareholder's OBC'S & C&A coupons(if we happen to have the coupons for that particular cruise) for us returnee's & stock holder? IMHO I feel that this is a major travesty for the stock holder & returnee. And yes I have written a letter & emailed it to RCI expressing those concerns! My response from them has been less then stellar!

Pick your battles. The C&A Savings certificates are not available for all cruises. And if a coupon is available that exceeeds the amount of the Future/NC or shareholder's OBC, then you still have the option of applying that instead (I think). Being able to combine the onboard credits is a major plus. You can still add the P/D balcony loyalty discounts.....and then you would have to decide about using an (if) available savings certificate. So I am sort of OK with that. :)

ChevyCruiser,

Great news!!! I wonder if they'll just allow it again as it was before or just extend the deadline date! The further notice kind of leaves it up in the air.

That was a great letter you wrote!! Thanks...........

This may be just a temporary (but certainly welcome) reprieve. I wrote a TY e-mail and got a quick response on my answering machine. The lady said it was not a permanent change.

I sent mine to ibailey@rccl.com as well as to shareholderbenefit@rccl.com

I note that the survey I received, right after the happy phone call about the revision, came from Sebastian Drakalovich - Director Corporate Guest Relations.

I'd also like to thank Andrew who was the first to report the following:

"Yesterday, 04:41 PM

image.php?u=152849&dateline=1128355991 tocanada

I see that RCCL have updated their Investor Information:

6. Can this benefit be combined with other offers, onboard credits and coupons?The benefit is NOT available to company employees, travel agents, tour conductors and/or others utilizing complimentary or reduced-rate cruise fares. Benefit is not combinable when using inter-line rates or onboard chartered sailings.

I am very pleased that they listened to us all.

andrew"

I sent mine to ibailey@rccl.com as well as to shareholderbenefit@rccl.com

I note that the survey I received, right after the happy phone call about the revision, came from Sebastian Drakalovich - Director Corporate Guest Relations.

I'd also like to thank Andrew who was the first to report the following:

"Yesterday, 04:41 PM

image.php?u=152849&dateline=1128355991 tocanada

I see that RCCL have updated their Investor Information:

6. Can this benefit be combined with other offers, onboard credits and coupons?The benefit is NOT available to company employees, travel agents, tour conductors and/or others utilizing complimentary or reduced-rate cruise fares. Benefit is not combinable when using inter-line rates or onboard chartered sailings.

I am very pleased that they listened to us all.

andrew"

Thank you for that information:)

Archived