Those going to San Juan Puerto Rico

Sterling30D

FYI regarding transportation in San Juan. The busses in San Juan are free of charge until December 31st, 2008. The government is trying to promote public transportation. We stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites and were able to take the A5 bus to Old San Juan. It takes a little while because it seems like the bus stops every 20 feet but we got there:D

So if you're not in to much of a hurry save yourself a few dollars and try the bus. We heard that there was also a way to take the bus to the airport but we didn't want to risk missing our flight just to save $12.

So if you're not in to much of a hurry save yourself a few dollars and try the bus. We heard that there was also a way to take the bus to the airport but we didn't want to risk missing our flight just to save $12.

That is funny, after one of our cruises on Adventure I got the bright idea to take the bus to the airport. All I can say is NEVER again. You would think that they would have an easy route from Old San Juan to SJU but it is NOT the case. We ended up on the packed bus that made countless stops and you had to figure out at which stop you needed to get off to transfer to another bus to finish the trip to the airport. For anyone contemplating doing this all I can say is...... DON'T!!!

That is funny, after one of our cruises on Adventure I got the bright idea to take the bus to the airport. All I can say is NEVER again. You would think that they would have an easy route from Old San Juan to SJU but it is NOT the case. We ended up on the packed bus that made countless stops and you had to figure out at which stop you needed to get off to transfer to another bus to finish the trip to the airport. For anyone contemplating doing this all I can say is...... DON'T!!!

LOL, we thought about it before taking the bus to Old San Juan. After taking 45 minutes to go about 3 miles we decided that trying to get to SJU on the bus wasn't a good idea.

So, how long did it take you to get to the airport? I hope you gave yourself plenty of time to catch your flight.

LOL, we thought about it before taking the bus to Old San Juan. After taking 45 minutes to go about 3 miles we decided that trying to get to SJU on the bus wasn't a good idea.

So, how long did it take you to get to the airport? I hope you gave yourself plenty of time to catch your flight.

We had plenty of time but it took much longer than I ever expected. When we got off at the bus stop to make the connection I was so stressed out, after a completely stress free week, that I stopped a cab and we took the second leg of the trip by cab. All together what should have been a 20-25 minute trip took about 1hr and 15 minutes:(

Archived