I know there was a couple of threads recently about Belize . . .

mcfam5

Then again, my husband loved the toilet bowl and went down it three times. :rolleyes:

Yeah my oldest LOVES the toilet bowl slides that we have been to in the US and Canada...lol. Her and your hubby would get along well. ;)

So where is the water park in Mexico? Don't think I've ever seen it mentioned before and now you have peaked my interest...lol.

It's Sea Life Park in Puerto Vallerta. They do the dolphin swims and encounters there. (Yes, I'm a bad mom and booked privately so my youngling could encounter a dolphin...but I also booked our tickets into the park through the cruise ship so we wouldn't have to worry about finding a Mexican taxi. ;) ) There's also a dolphin and sea lion show (and a sea lion encounter), a kids water area, about ten slides and a floating creek. It was really nice, other than the terrifying slides.

:p Actually, it was more because Carnival did not have their act together and couldn't confirm whether we had to book Russ a separate encounter, even though he couldn't get into the water without DH. We did use them for transportation to and from the park, because Mr. I-Like-Toilet-Slides was afraid of Mexican taxis.

And anyway, this is hardly high on the list of the "terrible Mommy things" I did on vacation. ;) I think, judging by the looks we got in line when he announced his age, taking a three year old on Tower of Terror would top that one. :D

And anyway, this is hardly high on the list of the "terrible Mommy things" I did on vacation. ;) I think, judging by the looks we got in line when he announced his age, taking a three year old on Tower of Terror would top that one. :D

Oh hey sign me up for that "Bad Mommy Award"

If she reaches the height stick, she goes on it. It was raining when we went to Hollywood Studios or we would have had a 4 year old on Tower of Terror. ;)

Oh hey sign me up for that "Bad Mommy Award"

If she reaches the height stick, she goes on it. It was raining when we went to Hollywood Studios or we would have had a 4 year old on Tower of Terror. ;)

Bad Mommy here too. took our 4 yr old on TOT twice! Second time, when the ups and downs were over, we saw him grasping the side cage wall with a look of complete terror. Apparently front row was a bit more intense than the middle...:o

• 1 month later...
Hey it's your perogative to take very young kids on the Belize cave tour.

We expect a full report when you get back.

Cave tubing with the kids through Major Tom turned out to be a real high point of the entire cruise for me and my group. Originally, we had planned to take 4 kids with us (ages 6, 5, 5, and 3). However, based on earlier ports, we decided to leave one of the 5-year-olds (scared of everything) and the 3-year-old (way too whiney) behind with their mommies while Grandpa and Uncle Drew took the other girls. It was a blast. The hike through the woods was no problem at all for them and they didn't complain at all. Well, that's not quite true - they complained when Uncle Drew chose to jump off a 20-foot rock into the base of the river, but I suspect that was more because they weren't allowed to do it themselves... They were sharing our tubes riding on our laps, so they only had to carry their (child-sized) life jackets. It was an easy hike.

The ride down the river was great. We rode hooked together, so it was extremely stable and safe. One of the girls complained of cold for a minute, but then she got over it. She was also briefly scared when the guides had us all turn our headlamps off, but I talked her through it and it was over quickly. The one "mishap" we had was near the very end of the ride after they let us disconnect (after the last cave when we were riding the river to the outlet). Grandpa and his rider lost their balance and tipped. Grandpa looked scared but the 5-year-old looked thrilled. I think it was less than two seconds after they tipped that our guide George had gotten over to them and was holding the little girl out of the water (not that she had ever dunked, as the life jacket kept her afloat). He helped Grandpa and granddaughter back into their tube and rode the rest of the way right next to them.

I am convinced that nobody of ANY age who rode with this group was in any danger. Also, despite other reports, I thoroughly loved the country of Belize. It was one of the most beautiful ports, in my opinion, and the people were amazingly wonderful!

Thanks Drew for coming back with a report!

Since we first talked about this, I found a cave tubing excursion designed specifically for young children (as young as 5). The company is called X-Stream. What is Major Tom's company called?

For others who may be interested, here is the X-Stream Kids Tubing

http://www.caribbeanshoretours.com/BelizeKidsTubing.htm

So the water was cold? I kept reading about the cold water, so we decided to go on a different tour since our cruise is in Feb. ;)

Welcome back. How was the rest of the cruise? Are you writing a review?

Thanks Drew for coming back with a report!

Since we first talked about this, I found a cave tubing excursion designed specifically for young children (as young as 5). The company is called X-Stream. What is Major Tom's company called?

For others who may be interested, here is the X-Stream Kids Tubing

http://www.caribbeanshoretours.com/BelizeKidsTubing.htm

So the water was cold? I kept reading about the cold water, so we decided to go on a different tour since our cruise is in Feb. ;)

Their site is ****************

Thanks for asking. The cruise was very good, but unfortunately, halfway through I got a call from home that my dog with cancer had taken a turn for the worse. That, of course, put a damper on the rest of the trip. I got home on Sunday night and he died on Monday... Because of that and (of course) having to get caught up at work, I haven't been rushing to write a review, but I will try to get to one soon.

Thanks for asking. The cruise was very good, but unfortunately, halfway through I got a call from home that my dog with cancer had taken a turn for the worse. That, of course, put a damper on the rest of the trip. I got home on Sunday night and he died on Monday... Because of that and (of course) having to get caught up at work, I haven't been rushing to write a review, but I will try to get to one soon.

Awwwww :( Poor poochie. :( So sorry.

Archived