Legend

Mike45

Goodmorning all,

My wife and I can't decide if we should try a balcony or not. I would,but she thinks that money could go towards an excursion or something else. She thinks there is plenty of places to sit " outside" without the extra money going for a balcony. Just want your thoughts.:D

Just my 2 cents but I would go for the balcony. There are alot of places to sit outside but it is nice to get up in the morning and sit on the balcony without being "ready" to be in public. If you're coffee drinkers, you can have room service deliver and sit on the balcony and just enjoy the quiet and each other.

Have fun!

My husband refuses to sail without a balcony. He loves it. It is nice to sit quietly and watch the water go by. Your wife is right that there are plenty of places to sit outside other than your balcony. It's truly a matter of personal choice and no one can make the decision for you.

Good luck. Regardless of which you choose, I'm sure you'll have a fabulous cruise.

Goodmorning all,

My wife and I can't decide if we should try a balcony or not. I would,but she thinks that money could go towards an excursion or something else. She thinks there is plenty of places to sit " outside" without the extra money going for a balcony. Just want your thoughts.:D

When we were on the Legend last October, we had an inside cabin and we were perfectly happy. There are lots of quiet places to sit and watch the ocean.

However, we upgraded to a balcony cabin for our upcoming January cruise, also on the Legend, because another person is coming with Mom and I and she wanted a balcony. Since we were able to get a good rate, we went for it instead of a 5A. I have to admit that I'm looking forward to it, but Mom and I both agree that we don't think we'll spend any more time in our cabin than we would normally because we like to be out and about. It will just make the time that we do spend in the cabin (getting ready, changing, etc...) more enjoyable and give the people who get ready first or have to wait a place to relax.

I think it depends on the cost. If you can get it for a good rate, go for it. If it's too high for your budget, book a lower category and maybe look for a better rate on a balcony as the cruise gets closer. You never know!

On the newer ships that have plenty, go for the balcony. It is, IMO, worth more than any excursion, that I have done, costs.

I STILL haven't broken the news to DH that we do not have a balcony on our Christmas cruise. It is on an older ship with limited balconies.

I have to agree...we had our first balcony on the Legend and we loved it!! Coffee in the am...cocktails while getting ready for dinner....winding down before bed...was sooooo nice! One warning....it will spoil you! We decided on a shorter less expensive cruise for this year and went back to OV for the price....it won't be the same.

Watch the specials as they come thru. Last year we booked in Feb for Nov cruise during a big upgrade special. We booked an 8B and ended up with 8 free upgrades to the Panorama deck! Was awesome!!

No matter what, you will love the Legend....great ship, staff and ports!!

Goodmorning all,

We really enjoy the balcony. We can step outside at anytime, just out of bed with hair sticking up. A quiet sailaway or a private view of the port.

Really it depends on your finances - I wouldn't skip excursions to get the balcony.

We can get a balcony depending on our financial state at the time we pay for the trip. A couple of times, it was afford the air fare or get the balcony. Needless to say, we chose airfare for obvious reasons. If money were no issue, it would be balcony all the way, afterall, one can't become a member of the balcony club with an OV room!

Archived