Help With 3 Questions?

PeggySand

We are sailing on the Carnival Spirit on Oct. 6th from Honolulu back to Ensenada (San Diego ultimately). The first night aboard ship is an overnight stay in Honolulu. Does anyone know the rules regarding when you may get on or off the ship that night, and when do they have the lifeboat drill since we don't leave port until 6:00 pm the next evening?

We will be in our first-ever aft wrap-around suite, cabin #4237, and we can hardly wait to see it in person. Do you think we will have a soot or debris problem since we are on a lower deck?

Any suggestions for the Hawaii ports?

Thanks everyone!

PeggyS

Hehe....We sailed Spirit Ensenada to Honolulu last April. And we were in cabin....(drumroll please).......4237 :D

In Honolulu you will be able to come and go any time you like all night long. As we were ending our cruise and debarking the ship on the second day the gangway closed at 4:00 am and opened again when passengers began debarkation. This will not effect you. We found soot on the balcony only one day. The balcony is fully covered and keeps debris away.

Our muster drill was held on the second day of the cruise while we were at sea. I can't say with certitude when your drill will be held but my guess would be around the time you sail from Honolulu.

In Maui we over-nighted in Kahului. We rented a car and drove to the top of Haleakala the first day, then to the Old Lahaina Luau that evening. The next day we drove to Hana.

In Hilo we drove to Volcanoes National Park, explored then drove to view the lava flows entering the ocean.

In Kona we just explored town. We planned this day to rest and recharge.

In Kuaui we drove to Waimea Canyon in the morning, then visited sights along the east and north coast that afternoon.

In Honolulu we spend a few hours at Pearl Harbor. Explored Downtown and the Iolani Palace, and spend a day on Waikiki beach.

You can see pictures of 4237 here:

2488689970080888825S600x600Q85.jpg

And cruise pictures here:

2068329560080888825S600x600Q85.jpg

I had a 6th floor aft cabin and had black soot on my deck - no debris or trash just black stuff. Wasn't a big deal though just be careful to put a towel down before you sit.

I was on NCL for my Hawaii cruise so I can't be sure about Carnival but I'm pretty sure they allow you to come & go on the overnight visits.

As for the muster drill, they usually have them just before sailaway but I've not been on this particular cruise so I can't be sure of that.

Hey yst347, LOVE that picture of the door to our cabin.... thanks for giving me a chance to pause for a daydream!! Also, thanks for the ideas for port activities. I'm glad you didn't have much problem with soot, because I plan on spending much of our days at sea out on that wonderful balcony. I like the idea of renting cars in some of the ports and taking our time exploring at our own pace. Hubby wants to bring a fold-up fishing pole to hang a line over the balcony, but I doubt that Carnival allows that!!

Yukon111, it makes sense that Carnival would wait until just prior to sailing for the muster drill, but sail away is at 6:00 pm, and early seating for dinner is at 5:45, so it will be interesting to see how they handle it.

I am hoping that the five days at sea while crossing the Pacific are not too rough. I will be bringing some seasickness meds just in case.

Thanks,

PeggyS

We are sailing on the Carnival Spirit on Oct. 6th from Honolulu back to Ensenada (San Diego ultimately). The first night aboard ship is an overnight stay in Honolulu. Does anyone know the rules regarding when you may get on or off the ship that night, and when do they have the lifeboat drill since we don't leave port until 6:00 pm the next evening?

We will be in our first-ever aft wrap-around suite, cabin #4237, and we can hardly wait to see it in person. Do you think we will have a soot or debris problem since we are on a lower deck?

Any suggestions for the Hawaii ports?

Thanks everyone!

PeggyS

Don't know about Hawaii but we had four cabins on the upper aft including the one you will have...There was some soot, but it wasn't bad. Just wipe down the chairs with a towel before you sit if wearing white shorts! Its a great cabin!!

Archived