Funny/Embarrassing things that happen onboard

luckiestmitw

Hi all,

Just curious if anyone else has had something funny/embarassing happen to them while onboard.

On our Pacific Sun cruise last year DH and I had an outside cabin on upper deck...we loved the window..although when it came to getting dressed/undressed I'd like to close the curtain...now everyone is probably saying why would you bother when your out in the middle of the ocean...well that is exactly what my DH said...so from then on our curtain was always opened first thing in the morning till it was time for bed.

Until........the day we arrived at Mystery Island.....as soon as we woke up... as usual.. the first thing DH did was open up the curtains to check out what sort of a day it was...then proceed to the shower...now DH thought that the bathroom's were a tad too small and claustrophobic to get dressed in after his shower, so he'd step out of the bathroom to get dressed....now picture this.....DH starkers(second thoughts..don't picture it) and he turns to see a smiling face in our window...yes you guessed it the crew were lowering the tenders down from the ship:eek: :D well I've never seen anyone move as quick as he did...meanwhile I was waving to the crew member and laughing my head off...it was so funny.:D

Needless to say from then on the curtains were closed while getting dressed\undressed.:p ;)

I bet those guys in the tenders see some INTERESTING things on their way down to the water.:eek:

Anything ever happen to anyone else?

Regards Sandie

LOL. That is really funny ^^.

We had a similar experience on our first cruise on the pacific sun.

We were walking around on the decks and on some of the suites the window over looks the deck and I was walking down a set of stairs and seen a lady getting dressed. I quickly kept walking so she didn't know I'd seen her but mum was behind me and did the same thing so by the time that happened the women in the cabin had realized and had to rush to shut the curtains.

very funny, but ithink you'll find my story funnier...

after returning back to our cabin one night on a RCI cruise, i had a shower and went to get my pj's in the cabin, DD (13) was still at kids club.

I noticed some clothes that didn't belong to either of us on the sofa. didn't think much of of obviously one of our DD friends has borrowed some of her clothes and got changed here.

I'm still naked when i hear a key card go in the door, quickly hid around the corner, not wanting anyone in the corridor to see me. Door closes, presume it my DD, but oh no, DD friend coming to get her clothes, DD had told her to take her card. Imagine the scene, me covering what i can with 2 hands, and a strangers child stood in front of me, luckily i didnt bump into her again, and no DD isnt allowed to lend out her card ever again...

Not yet for me but DD13 had an embarassing moment.

While heading off to Island Night all dressed up in my new Safari Suit, and DW with her new rainbow coloured MooMoo, we spotted our darling teen hanging out with her new Remix friends in the Pizzeria.

We made a point to yell out and wave to her from the other side of the room, and can't understand why she was trying to hide under the table!

We thought this was an ideal opportunity to stroll over (daggy walk) and introduce ourselves to her new friends.

Priceless!!

While heading off to Island Night all dressed up in my new Safari Suit, and DW with her new rainbow coloured MooMoo, we spotted our darling teen hanging out with her new Remix friends in the Pizzeria.

We made a point to yell out and wave to her from the other side of the room, and can't understand why she was trying to hide under the table!

We thought this was an ideal opportunity to stroll over (daggy walk) and introduce ourselves to her new friends.

Priceless!!

Hey Geoff, I can see the distress in your DD face now.:p :D

Poor girl... hope you didn't scar her for life....with the safari suit and all......oh the embarrassment...but hey that's what parents are for...aren't they?;) :D

Sandie promise not:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :p to mention anything about curtains when we meet you and your husband on the Rhapsody.....great story.....

ps Geoff better watch your back your dd will have you pegged out for a major major payback some day............:D :D ..... cheers shiona

Not all that embarrassing but was a bit for our son. On our Pacific Sun cruise when he was 15, they had a "swap sex" night for the teens. He was all dolled up as a girl, borrowing clothes from a girl he had met on the cruise (his sister was only 11 so her clothes were no good for him). They were up on one of the top decks somewhere, it was pretty late and the girl he'd borrowed the clothes from wanted to go back to her cabin to go to bed. She also wanted to take her clothes with her. He had to wander back down to the cabin (quite a few decks down) in his boxer shorts.

ps Geoff better watch your back your dd will have you pegged out for a major major payback some day............:D :D ..... cheers shiona

Guaranteed Shiona,

She has been giving as good as she gets for years. DW seems to be an easier target for her for now, but I know when she squares things up she is pretty good at it! :D

Sandie promise not to mention anything about curtains when we meet you and your husband on the Rhapsody.....great story.....

ps Geoff better watch your back your dd will have you pegged out for a major major payback some day............:D ..... cheers shiona

I promise I won't Shiona......but you can...:D :D .. DH would die of embarrassment.

No chance of a curtain malfunctions from us on the Rhapsody.. as we are in an inside cabin.:p ;) :D

Regards Sandie

Priceless!!

Hi Geoff

What a classic! I just read your post to DH and I couldn't stop laughing...I was imagining you as Michael Caton (from the 'Castle' movie) or Chevy Chase (Clark Griswald from the National Lampoons Vacation series) lol :D.

:o yes i too had an embarrasing 'naked' moment. We were leaving Noumea and of course it was dark time had our curtains open and not think anything of it we were way out from Noumea and I too always got dressed in the cabin (my friends were used to seeing me naked) and I happened to look out the window. Well the ship was being guided by 2 little boats as I could see their lights and I was having a bit of a look and then realized my god if I can see them they can see me!!!! Slunk quickly back into bathroom :o :o lol!

Liz

Hi Geoff

What a classic! I just read your post to DH and I couldn't stop laughing...I was imagining you as Michael Caton (from the 'Castle' movie) or Chevy Chase (Clark Griswald from the National Lampoons Vacation series) lol :D.

Hi Rose,

Clark W. Griswald - Yes great series. After seeing the original, European, Christmas & Vegas ones - it has just dawned on me that they missed out on doing a National Lampoon's Cruise Vacation. How good would that be!!

On my first cruise many years ago, I had booked a "friendly four" in the bowels of the ship I think we must have been below the water line...anyhow I discovered I suffer from mild claustrophobia. It was a 3 week cruise and I slept on a deck chair for the first 4 nights! Finally they checked to make sure I wasn't a stowaway...then I discovered that my affliction could be fixed by copious amounts of beverages!!! lol

Got to say this did make me smile - Mother-In-Law was on the Dawn in May. She got up one evening to visit the bathroom. As it was rather tropical, she was starkers. Poor thing got disorientated and instead of opening bathroom door, opened the door into the corridor - much to the amusement of the late night revellers returning to their cabin!!

Only good thing is they probably wouldn't have recognised her on deck - what with her teeth in, clothes on and tummy trimming undergarments!! ;)

At least we weren't on board at the time - now that really would be a way to embarrass your kids Geoff!

Jo

I have posted this before but needs to be reposted especially with the talk about budgie smugglers.

I was just about to get into the spa when an older gentleman in rather old speedos (think they were from his youth) stood up to get out. Of course the expected happened and the elastic gave way allowing me a view of his "budgie"

I still do not know who was more surprised but not a word was spoken as he readjusted himself.

I don't think I could have looked him in the eye again if I saw him, Not even sure I would recognise him with his clothes on.

Funny how most of these posts involve nudity. I still think they are a bit tame compared to a similar thread I once read on one of the other boards.... now that was a cack.

I have posted this before but needs to be reposted especially with the talk about budgie smugglers.

I was just about to get into the spa when an older gentleman in rather old speedos (think they were from his youth) stood up to get out. Of course the expected happened and the elastic gave way allowing me a view of his "budgie"

I still do not know who was more surprised but not a word was spoken as he readjusted himself.

I know that bloke. He tries that as a pick-up tactic all the time.

Good to see you didn't take the bait!! ;)

On our cruise we watched the marriage match game. One of the question was the wierdest/strangest place you have "made the earth move" as Adam the cruise director put it. The best address came from one of the husbands who said "last night on the Lido deck" (by the way last night was islander night) the crowd went wild when the wife came in and the reaction from her when asked the question was great. Their son was in the audience I think he was about 17yr old and walked out later in the show from some of his parents answers. To much info on one parents is not a good thing..:p

Originally Posted by kaseyoz

I know that bloke. He tries that as a pick-up tactic all the time.

Good to see you didn't take the bait!! ;)

Was he going cheep??? :p :p :p :p :p

On our cruise we watched the marriage match game. One of the question was the wierdest/strangest place you have "made the earth move" as Adam the cruise director put it. The best address came from one of the husbands who said "last night on the Lido deck" (by the way last night was islander night) the crowd went wild when the wife came in and the reaction from her when asked the question was great. Their son was in the audience I think he was about 17yr old and walked out later in the show from some of his parents answers. To much info on one parents is not a good thing..:p

I think most of the answers are rehearsed before the show, as if you have cruised before you know what they are going to ask.

One show I am not sure if they forgot their answers or did not realise they were going to ask "when was the last time you made whooppee" Well, one said, " this morning" and the other said she couldnt remember, it was so long ago, Or something similar.

I bet both had some explaining to do after the show!!!!

Archived