Question about FCC

O2Bcrusin

Word from the Future Cruise Consultant on the Island last week was they are going to require 2 FCC's in the future per cabin instead of allowing one.

I had heard this before but it never came about so I hope it is not true. :cool:

If they do make the change & require one FCC each in order to get the cabin credit I wonder if they'll honor the older agreement purchases until there used up?

I don't like to ever run out of FCCs, in case I want to book another cruise before I'll be onboard to buy more. I have 5 Princess cruises booked and would hate to have to pay more than the $100 to book. I used to wait until there was a Princess Booking Week, with the $100 deposit. That was before I learned about FCCs.

FCC is Future Cruise Credit - you can only purchase them while you are on the ship. You pay $100 for it and you have 4 years to book another cruise (you can book at the 4 year point and actually cruise up to a year later).

When you use the FCC to book the $100 you paid is used for your deposit - you won't have to put down 1/3 the cruise fare or whatever the standard deposit is now. PLUS you will get on-board credit for your cruise depending on the length of your cruise and the type of cabin you select. On our last cruise to the Panama Canal we used our FCC and we both received $100 on-board credit (so we got back what we paid for the FCC basically).

One FCC is good for two people. We normally buy two of them and use them both for the next cruise, but you don't have to. If you buy two you pay $200 and that's the deposit for both people. If you buy one (for $100) you'll have to pay the $100 deposit for the second person when you book. So it comes out the same way.

Either way both people get the on-board credit.

The best part of the FCC is if you don't use them for some reason you can get a full refund.

Hope this helps.

I don't like to ever run out of FCCs, in case I want to book another cruise before I'll be onboard to buy more. I have 5 Princess cruises booked and would hate to have to pay more than the $100 to book. I used to wait until there was a Princess Booking Week, with the $100 deposit. That was before I learned about FCCs.

Another great reason for only using one FCC for two people.

While onboard the Diamond in May, the on-board consultant insisted that both passengers in a cabin required a FCC. If only one has the credit, the second party is responsible for the full deposit amount for their portion. I mentioned that that had not been my experience. Her response was, "Well, you've just been lucky." :confused:

She acknowledged that had been the practice (an incorrect one) but that Princess would be cracking down on it. Interestingly enough, I recently booked a 7 day cruise using one FCC, and the appropriate on-board credit has been applied to DH and my booking. Hmm.

Archived