Getting from 2E to 2F @ CDG Paris

Broch

Here's a map of the two terminals. http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/Adp/Resources/894313b3-1923-4bc6-906c-ba0e8375f2b4-cdg2ef.pdf

There are signs (in spite what others say). It does help to familiarize oneself with the route, of course. The last time I made the connection, it took me 20 or 25 minutes (including walking and security). Others have said it takes much longer.

Here's a map of the two terminals. http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/Adp/Resources/894313b3-1923-4bc6-906c-ba0e8375f2b4-cdg2ef.pdf

There are signs (in spite what others say). It does help to familiarize oneself with the route, of course. The last time I made the connection, it took me 20 or 25 minutes (including walking and security). Others have said it takes much longer.

Thank you so much for your help. Not sure if I follow the map though. I will be arriving at E and departing at F. Does this mean I have to go up to the gallerie and walk from there. I am sure it will become clear when I am in situ.

T2E is a large, rambling terminal that combines the old T2E with the newer satellite into one "T2E". You could be very close, or quite a bit away. Also, what is your itinerary? Depending on that, you could have an international to Schengen connect, or a pure intl-intl one - different routes for those connects.

The main way from T2E to T2F is through the tunnel that runs between the two (see the GALERIE DE LIAISON (NIVEAU 1) on the PDF posted above).

T2E is a large, rambling terminal that combines the old T2E with the newer satellite into one "T2E". You could be very close, or quite a bit away. Also, what is your itinerary? Depending on that, you could have an international to Schengen connect, or a pure intl-intl one - different routes for those connects.

The main way from T2E to T2F is through the tunnel that runs between the two (see the GALERIE DE LIAISON (NIVEAU 1) on the PDF posted above).

I will be entering Paris on a flight from Scotland and connecting to a flight to Mauritius, so I would assume that is intl - intl

I will be entering Paris on a flight from Scotland and connecting to a flight to Mauritius, so I would assume that is intl - intl

That changes the discussion, as most connects T2E to T2F are "international" to/from Schengen.

You can see your connection routes by using the new AF transfer pages on the website (it works on the AF UK site). Go to the dropdown for "information and services" then "at the airport". Then click on "Paris - Charles de Gaulle transfers".

Then, click on the text under the drawing that says "NEW: Display the transfer routes between the various terminals." Put in Edinburgh and Mauritius (I assume EDI), then you will see the graphic with your explanation.

The issue is that T2E is two separate buildings with the same designator. Notice them in light blue on that map. You may arrive in either section. Your destination is the yellow finger in the T2F building (the "international" pier). There are two separate routes that keep you in the "airside" part of the terminal complex. In this way, you have no need to do any immigration formalities entering France.

The other alternative (especially if you are in the lower numbered gates of T2E) is to exit through immigration, cross through the tunnel, and then leave France passing through passport control on your way into the T2F2 pier. Depending on lines and other situations, this could be faster or longer than the airside buses. Also, you have the inherent issues whenever passing through immigration - is it worth the potential hassles and record keeping to shortcut the transfer process??

Take a look at that webpage, and if you need more info, let us know. That should help you out a lot.

That changes the discussion, as most connects T2E to T2F are "international" to/from Schengen.

You can see your connection routes by using the new AF transfer pages on the website (it works on the AF UK site). Go to the dropdown for "information and services" then "at the airport". Then click on "Paris - Charles de Gaulle transfers".

Then, click on the text under the drawing that says "NEW: Display the transfer routes between the various terminals." Put in Edinburgh and Mauritius (I assume EDI), then you will see the graphic with your explanation.

The issue is that T2E is two separate buildings with the same designator. Notice them in light blue on that map. You may arrive in either section. Your destination is the yellow finger in the T2F building (the "international" pier). There are two separate routes that keep you in the "airside" part of the terminal complex. In this way, you have no need to do any immigration formalities entering France.

The other alternative (especially if you are in the lower numbered gates of T2E) is to exit through immigration, cross through the tunnel, and then leave France passing through passport control on your way into the T2F2 pier. Depending on lines and other situations, this could be faster or longer than the airside buses. Also, you have the inherent issues whenever passing through immigration - is it worth the potential hassles and record keeping to shortcut the transfer process??

Take a look at that webpage, and if you need more info, let us know. That should help you out a lot.

Thank you so much for such a detailed reply. Incidentally we are flying from Aberdeen to CDG but principal will be the same.

Archived