Single Cabin

Beth & Rob

My travel agent is on vacation so I'll do my research here........... There is a short youtube video clip on the first page of CC about a single cabin.

Anyone know about these? I had recently booked a regular cabin and paid the single supplement of about $300, then my friend decided to go so that worked out.

However I wonder what the pricing is like and the location of this room is.

Appreciate any information.

My travel agent is on vacation so I'll do my research here........... There is a short youtube video clip on the first page of CC about a single cabin.

Anyone know about these? I had recently booked a regular cabin and paid the single supplement of about $300, then my friend decided to go so that worked out.

However I wonder what the pricing is like and the location of this room is.

Appreciate any information.

Ask Wennfred, it's his video. Do a search, i thought there was a thread about it here. That is assuming the search is working. good luck

Many on Conquest class ships and even on Triumph class ships have port holes. If you dont mind being on Riveria or Main, Id try and get one of the port hole cabins on Main deck that are listed on the deck plans as 1As. The price is 150% of the rate for the category, which is a little cheaper than a inside rate usually.

Conquest crazies the rate is $779 for the 7 day cruise and you still get the $100 OBC all to yourself.

If you are doing all the research, TA's job, then why do you need a TA? You are paying them for your work.

I always find it funny that folks feel the need to answer a question with another question.

Thanks to those who are tying to help me rather than question my relationship with my TA.....

and to Wennfred.......I did see the video, that's what brought forth the question. How did you like it? So it was 150% of what an inside double occ would have been? Where did you go? Please fill me in on the details, I think it would be just great for me.

I see you are in San Diego and if they are available on cruises to Mexico, that is what I'd love. Not having to pay airfares makes the add'l charges easier.

I always book an inside cabin anyway, mid ship. I love those. I know, strange...but lots of reasons.

The single supplement on 1As is 150% and on other cabins is 200%. There are at least as many inside 1As as outside. The outside ones will typically have portholes although an extremely limited number on relatively few ships have picture windows.

The cabins in the front and back will receive a lot of vibration from the thrusters and engines and/or anchors and/or dock lines.

At least on Fantasy Class, Carnival will give you a single rate of 1.5x the single passenger rate on a CAT 1A (inside) cabin (which is a twin on floor and a foldown bunk on the wall above it. These cabins are generally located in an "inside" passageway on the lower three passenger decks. I'm not sure if they offer all the CAT 1A cabins at this rate, or just a few. I believe for ALL other categories they charge you 2x the single passenger rate. One thing you can do is try to book a CAT 1A Guarantee at the 1.5x single rate and maybe get moved "up". You'll have to handle this thru TA or PVP. ken

and to Wennfred.......I did see the video, that's what brought forth the question. How did you like it? So it was 150% of what an inside double occ would have been? Where did you go?

This the cabin we booked for Wendy's mom, it was her first cruise and she totally loved it !!! Its a Cat.1a and it cost around 800.00 dollars, yep kinda pricy but thats was the cheapest cabin we could find for her.

It was onboard Carnival Freedom out of Miami and it went to San Juan, St Thomas and St. Maarten.

Fred

Archived