Have U sailed Destiny AFTER her dry dock???

GigglewolfOfTheSeas

My new hubby and I getting ready for our honeymoon on the Destiny on 11/3/08. We are also very anxious in seeing pics since the refurbishment. We have 4 friends going with us and this will be the first cruise for all 4 of them! My 2nd cruise and my hubby's 4th cruise. I will be keeping a very close eye on this site for new pics. I hope all of you cruising before and after us have a wonderful time and stay safe!!

Jenn

:) :)

My new hubby and I getting ready for our honeymoon on the Destiny on 11/3/08. We are also very anxious in seeing pics since the refurbishment. We have 4 friends going with us and this will be the first cruise for all 4 of them! My 2nd cruise and my hubby's 4th cruise. I will be keeping a very close eye on this site for new pics. I hope all of you cruising before and after us have a wonderful time and stay safe!!

Jenn

:) :)

Welcome to Cruise Critic Jenn. We will be onboard for your cruise as well, second leg of our back to back. Feel free to jump in the Saints and Sinners four thread and introduce yourself, even if you aren't booked with the group. Great bunch of folks. :D

Welcome to Cruise Critic Jenn. We will be onboard for your cruise as well, second leg of our back to back. Feel free to jump in the Saints and Sinners four thread and introduce yourself, even if you aren't booked with the group. Great bunch of folks. :D

The more the merrier!!!

:D

As far as transport from MIA to downtown, we used a shuttle service and paid $25 with no "extras" tacked on. They asked us if we were looking for a ride. We told them yes, and they said "c'mon--25 to the Hilton" and I said you got a deal. That was the extent of my planning. LOL.

As promised here are the pictures of what I thought was going to be my 6E stateroom. While inside the terminal looking at the ship I saw that just past the spa there were balconies!

http://community.webshots.com/album/567740966WDUqmE

Thanks for the GREAT photos !! I just booked one of these Cabins for next summer.. Did you like the cabin ? Any plus or minus to this cabin such as Motion or Balcony size or privacy ? Thanks again for the great info..:)

Those photos were exactly like my 8c cabin on the lido deck. Except our tv was recessed in the built in cabinet.

It looks like they did a nice job taking those windows out and placing the Balcony there. Since you brought the TV up I noticed that they still left the old one in that Re-Done Cabin ?????? Re-Done cabin but we will leave the old TV ?? Carnival is watching the $$ a Bit more these days I see..:)

you got it..but i did here that some of the spa deck cabins did get the flat screen. It didn't really concern me about the tvs because I'm not a big watcher. We didn't sail out of Miami until around 8:00pm and our waiter told us that had been the norm since they moved to POM. He said it was up to the captain as to when we sail....no problem we were having a great time already. I got to thinking later that maybe the late sailings were to coserve fuel....Seeing as how we were only 1 hour away from Key West and we did not need to be there until 8;00am. Just thinking;)

you got it..but i did here that some of the spa deck cabins did get the flat screen. It didn't really concern me about the tvs because I'm not a big watcher. We didn't sail out of Miami until around 8:00pm and our waiter told us that had been the norm since they moved to POM. He said it was up to the captain as to when we sail....no problem we were having a great time already. I got to thinking later that maybe the late sailings were to coserve fuel....Seeing as how we were only 1 hour away from Key West and we did not need to be there until 8;00am. Just thinking;)

That's interesting ??:rolleyes: They would never pinch penny's from us now would they ? :D The price of oil has gone down $60.00 a Barrel in the last two months. I will check back now and then and see if they have returned my fuel surcharge yet.:eek: :D As of now, NOT YET...;)

Please don't hold your breath on that one sweetie. I think the only ones really bothered with the late sail away were the ones with that dreaded finger twitch hovering over those slot machines....My baby being one of them;) .

Archived