Upgrading after final payment

keant

I look at it this way. I go into my favourite clothing store at the beginning of the new season and the selection is fantastic. Everything is available in all sizes and it's not on sale. So occasionally they offer a sale throughout the season but most days they're still regular price. Three months later, the pants I bought at the start of the season for $X are now 60% off. There isn't a great selection left but they do happen to have my size. I go in with my bill and say to the clerk, sure I've been wearing these pants for three months but I've been loyal to you and continue to come back to your store. Now you're letting anyone who walks in off the street buy the same pants for 60% less and I want the same price.

As we both know, it just doesn't work that way. If you were happy with what you paid when booked it, don't sweat about it. I'm not saying you shouldn't have asked for something, just that I wouldn't waste time and energy being upset about it now that they've told you no. I hope you enjoy your cruise anyway.:)[/quote

I would buy another pair of pants!

I don't see these two situations relating at all. I don't believe that you should be able to get your money back for the difference of what your cabin is now, but if they have availability in higher category cabins they should let you pay the difference to upgrade. That I believe is fare since they are going to be selling those cabins at that new price anyway.

If you reread my message, you'll see that we DID get moved (only when my TA called.) As far as your clothing analogy goes, I would totally agree IF the cabin left weren't better than what we had booked, but they were. So now I'm happy!:D

HI Annie,

I'm hoping our TA will be helping us with the same situation for our upcoming cruise. Is your TA via online or office near home? Just want to know how hard i'm going to have to push. :D

Thank you,

Kim

I'm having a similar problem with upgrading after final payment. I just can't help but feel like i'm getting the run-around. I called my online TA after the price dropped (not looking for refund, just to upgrade, since the price of a better cabin dropped to what i had paid), and he said prices on online do not reflect actual prices becuz they can't update their website fast enough, and that i would have to pay extra if i wanted the upgrade. So i decided to call NCL, and they confirmed that the price I saw on the web is the real price, but I would have to call my TA back. So since it's an online TA, i talked to a different agent the second time, and she told me that the "upgraded" category is not available. And i explained that I JUST got off the phone with NCL, they advised me to call my TA. And she simply just repeated, the category you want is NOT AVAILABLE. which is a bunch of crock, cuz i could see on multiple other websites that there are at least 5 cabins in that category available.

I know not to expect the upgrade, but i can't help but feel like i'm being lied to. If they had told me that i paid in full, and can't make changes, then i can accept it. But to have two different agents tell me two different stories, it's just irritating!

I'm having a similar problem with upgrading after final payment. I just can't help but feel like i'm getting the run-around. I called my online TA after the price dropped (not looking for refund, just to upgrade, since the price of a better cabin dropped to what i had paid), and he said prices on online do not reflect actual prices becuz they can't update their website fast enough, and that i would have to pay extra if i wanted the upgrade. So i decided to call NCL, and they confirmed that the price I saw on the web is the real price, but I would have to call my TA back. So since it's an online TA, i talked to a different agent the second time, and she told me that the "upgraded" category is not available. And i explained that I JUST got off the phone with NCL, they advised me to call my TA. And she simply just repeated, the category you want is NOT AVAILABLE. which is a bunch of crock, cuz i could see on multiple other websites that there are at least 5 cabins in that category available.

I know not to expect the upgrade, but i can't help but feel like i'm being lied to. If they had told me that i paid in full, and can't make changes, then i can accept it. But to have two different agents tell me two different stories, it's just irritating!

You might try calling NCL and book the cabin category you're looking to upgrade to. Book it as if it was a NEW reservation, and get a 24 hour hold if their system works that way. Call the TA back and tell them you're holding the category they said wasn't available. If at that point they will work with you, then arrange to release the cabin and let the TA contact NCL and grab it. Can't hurt to try....

You might try calling NCL and book the cabin category you're looking to upgrade to. Book it as if it was a NEW reservation, and get a 24 hour hold if their system works that way. Call the TA back and tell them you're holding the category they said wasn't available. If at that point they will work with you, then arrange to release the cabin and let the TA contact NCL and grab it. Can't hurt to try....

Thanks BEAV! That's a great idea!! i can't help but feel that the online TA isn't going to be co-operative! :( I'll probably get a third "story" from them! Maybe this time i'll ask to talk to a supervisor.

Hi Kim,

Our TA is local. He helped us plan our very first cruise, after that I booked myself directly with the cruise line. This time, being unfamiliar with NCL, I wanted his advice. He told me that it's a crap shoot with NCL and you just never know what they will do re: upgrades. He said if it was Carnival there would be no problem.

Blocks of rooms are set aside for various TA's and groups, then there are cancellations, thus rooms become avaiable.

Good luck Kim!

HI Annie,

I'm hoping our TA will be helping us with the same situation for our upcoming cruise. Is your TA via online or office near home? Just want to know how hard i'm going to have to push. :D

Thank you,

Kim

Thanks Annie! This will be our first NCL. We wanted to try them out, but have never had this kind of difficulty regarding upgrading to different cabins. Might just have to go back to Princess after this one. We'll see though. We are certainly looking forward to giving NCL a shot. I guess you just can't change your mind once booked with NCL.

Kim

Archived