Balcony door locks and room size questions?

andnickali

For the first time we are booking a balcony while our kids are traveling with us in an interior connecting room. We are on deck 6 forward with an extended balcony- first, can the balcony door lock? And, second, I know the balcony is larger, but is the room also larger. Carnival is stating the room is 185 sq feet (which is the same as an interior).

Yes the door to the balcony does have a lock. In fact if you leave it unlocked and you leave the cabin your room steward will most of the time lock it. That's been my experience anyway. As for the cabin size no just the balcony is bigger but that's the best part. Have a great cruise.

Thanks for the input. I was on Legend and Miracle and we were in an interior on both. Our friends had an obstructed balcony and it seemed as though their room was larger than ours. I know ours didn't have the couch area in front of the vanity. I was hoping the room would be a little larger.

For the first time we are booking a balcony while our kids are traveling with us in an interior connecting room. We are on deck 6 forward with an extended balcony- first, can the balcony door lock? And, second, I know the balcony is larger, but is the room also larger. Carnival is stating the room is 185 sq feet (which is the same as an interior).

Whats the cabin number/ship?

We are on the Pride in rooms 5105 and 5107. If the rooms are drawn to scale then hopefully they will be larger. Also- does the couch go away with the connecting door? I know that is what happens on almost all RC ships- you lose your couch.

Your balcony is 60sf and the Cabin 185sf

Your inside has a chair and table and the balcony-Cabin has a sofa

Enjoy!

Cabin 5105 (4B ISTW) 185 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:0 connecting doors: 5107

View: no window or balcony

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; chair and coffee table.

Cabin 5107 (8C OSTW) 185/60 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:0 connecting doors:5105

View: window and extended balcony connecting balconies: yes

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table.

Thanks for all of the details- we are looking forward to being able to stretch out in the room and not have kids over our heads at night!!!!

I'd love for Carnival to offer more interior connectings- I guess it just comes down to space for the door.

You will be surprised how 'roomy' the cabin can be with only the two of you in it.. have the balcony gives the illusion of it being bigger than it is and the set up is well thought..

Enjoy!

Archived