Haloween & trick or treating.

cds2423

I'm looking for a little feedback please from anybody that may have cruised in the past on Halloween with kids.

We'll be sailing as a group of 7 this year at Halloween, i've read a number of times that RCL does organize activities such as a costume party, & trick or treating, I'm wondering how they handle the trick or treating for the kids. I can't imagine that the kids actually go from cabin to cabin that would be pretty intrusive for those not involved, so I'm wondering how do they do it. Would the kids all concregate in a central location, or maybe they let the Ocean Adventure staff look after things. We're thinking that we should bring a supply of candy to give out to the kids, would that be appropriate?

Any help from anybody that's been there done that would be appreciated.

:D

I'm looking for a little feedback please from anybody that may have cruised in the past on Halloween with kids.

We'll be sailing as a group of 7 this year at Halloween, i've read a number of times that RCL does organize activities such as a costume party, & trick or treating, I'm wondering how they handle the trick or treating for the kids. I can't imagine that the kids actually go from cabin to cabin that would be pretty intrusive for those not involved, so I'm wondering how do they do it. Would the kids all concregate in a central location, or maybe they let the Ocean Adventure staff look after things. We're thinking that we should bring a supply of candy to give out to the kids, would that be appropriate?

Any help from anybody that's been there done that would be appreciated.

:D

The kids if they go to the Adventure program everyday get to wear fantastic costumes and they parade through the ship down the promenade. It is fun to watch all the kids in their cute costumes. As for candy..they will get treats from the staff on the ship! Don't worry they are more than taken care of!!

CincinnatiGal

Great question!

I would like to know this as well, as we are also cruising over Halloween. I have a 10 year old son, who loves Halloween. If you don't mind me asking a question on your thread, but does anyone know if the ship decorates for Halloween?

Can't wait to hear the responses!

Erin

Great question!

I would like to know this as well, as we are also cruising over Halloween. I have a 10 year old son, who loves Halloween. If you don't mind me asking a question on your thread, but does anyone know if the ship decorates for Halloween?

Erin

We sailed on the Explorer last year during Halloween and they decorated the Royal Promenade!

We have a great group of folks doing the 5 nite out of FLL on Enchantment OTS over Halloween. Come along and join in the fun parade with appropriate music for our reverse 'Trick-or-Treat' where we will be providing interesting 'gifts' to the other unsuspecting guests!!

Our children & grandchildren are all adults, but we still enjoy seeing the kids in their costumes onboard. The staff gives them candy and they have a parade. The kids always seem to have a lot of fun!

BTW...Adults also dress up in costumes and compete for prizes in the adult parades. :)

Great question!

Erin

Hi Erin,

It looks like we'll be on the Adventure together next month, at least we know that there will be more Canadians besides us.

Our GD took part in the AO program last year at 3-1/2 and hasn't stopped talking about it since, she's super anxious to try it out again this year. If you've never had your 10 y.o son in the program, plan on trying it out it's a great program.

Hi everyone...my DH and DD (9 Years old) will be sailing on the Splendour of the Sea during Halloween. Can't wait!

Does anyone know if all RCL ships have Halloween...Emilie is already disappointed about not being able to Trick or Treat around our house, so we want to reassure her that she will be able to celebrate the holiday on board...also should we bring her and our costumes?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

On our Halloween cruise I packed a plastic pumkin and candy......on Halloween the balcony washers came by so I stepped out on the deck and extended the candy filled pumkin to them and said "tricck or treat"....they looked at me and in the bucket with a blank stare...gues they did not know what I was talking about. I than told them to take some candy.

Seemed funny when it happened.

I hung the bucket on the door when I went to dinner....when I returned the candy was gone and the bucket remained.

On our Halloween cruise I packed a plastic pumkin and candy......on Halloween the balcony washers came by so I stepped out on the deck and extended the candy filled pumkin to them and said "tricck or treat"....they looked at me and in the bucket with a blank stare...gues they did not know what I was talking about. I than told them to take some candy.

Seemed funny when it happened.

I hung the bucket on the door when I went to dinner....when I returned the candy was gone and the bucket remained.

The kids are well taken care of and believe me the staff will appreciate a bowl of candy outside your cabin just as cruisnfool said. We had pumpkin lights on our balcony, brought an extension cord, which we enjoyed throughout the cruise. Our tablemates dressed in costume as well!! Cruising for Halloween is really fun!!!

Great question!

Erin

My son was 10 when we cruised over Halloween a couple of years ago. He LOVED it! He didn't take a costume with him but he went to AO that night and they did face painting and made him into a little pirate. They then all paraded through the ship and even did a little song for all of us in the theatre as we were waiting for that nights show to begin. He came back to the cabin that night with more candy than he probably would have received trick or treating at home. He really had a good time. Make sure your son goes to AO that night rather than to the dining room with you so he can take part in the party.

• 2 weeks later...

We will be sailing Mariner over Halloween as well...my 11 year old LOVES Halloweeen too, but is not into the AO stuff. He's weird...he likes to hang out with his parents!!!! :o

Do you know if he HAS to participate in AO to partake in any of the Halloween festivities? Any info - if you have it - would be much appreciated!!!! :D Thanks!

Archived