valor cabin choice...opinions please

stowawaykc

We are a family of 5, doing a 7 day Eastern from Miami.

We initially booked 2 insides (4F) on the 8th deck for our 11/30 sailing. The cabins were 8283 & 8291. (1 cabin between them)

Looking at Carnivals web site, I noticed that we could move to adjoining 6B O.V's on the Riviera deck, mid-ship for a total of $230.00.

Considering that the O.V's are 220 sq ft. vs 185 sq ft for the insides, and the fact that these are adjoining, with Sofas, it seems like a good move.

Am I missing something, or does this sound like a good move?

Any thoughts or opinions are appreciated!

Kurt

We are a family of 5, doing a 7 day Eastern from Miami.

We initially booked 2 insides (4F) on the 8th deck for our 11/30 sailing. The cabins were 8283 & 8291. (1 cabin between them)

Looking at Carnivals web site, I noticed that we could move to adjoining 6B O.V's on the Riviera deck, mid-ship for a total of $230.00.

Considering that the O.V's are 220 sq ft. vs 185 sq ft for the insides, and the fact that these are adjoining, with Sofas, it seems like a good move.

Am I missing something, or does this sound like a good move?

Any thoughts or opinions are appreciated!

Kurt

It would certainly be worth it to me. I like the sound of a little extra room and especially the ocean view. You will LOVE the Valor no matter which cabins you choose.:)

I guess I would probably rather be on a higher deck, just for the convenience of getting to the Lido deck easier. But, that is pretty low on the priority list as far as the over all enjoyment factor goes.

The extra room and connecting cabins would have more of a positive influence.(not to mention the view of the sea)

We stayed in a inside quad on the Costa Magica, also a conquest class ship. It was incredably small for 4 people. I mean really small. We could all not stand up in the cabin at the same time. I keep thinking about that, and will probably make this switch because of that reason alone.

I had my TA verify the price and hold the cabins for us.

Does anybody have any experience with noise from below on the Riviera deck? There are cabins directly above, but I am not sure what is below.

I appreciate your input.

Kurt

We sailed on the Valor in June and our cabin was on the Riviera Deck, Rm 1390 if I remember right. It was very quiet, even with the stewards pantry across the hall. It was a nice roomy cabin with a large window. The Valor is a wonderful ship, with a great staff. We can't wait to go again.

For $230 I would definitely take the OV rooms!! Or another thing to consider...we book a balcony with an inside across the hall. My dh likes the darkness of the IS rooms, and our ds bunks with him. My dd and I are balcony snobs (she is 8 and she enjoys the balcony tremendously...she was born to cruise), so we take the balcony room. The guys hit our room first thing in the a.m. to go out on the balcony. So it's the best of both worlds for us.

However, the connecting OV rooms would be great in the sense that dh and I could share a room and the kids share the other. We just can't get past the no balcony part, lol

Besides, there is always Camp Carnival if we need some alone time. :p

Anyhoo...my point is...I would def. switch for that little of a price difference. I bet having two adjoining rooms will almost feel like having a suite, but with TWO bathrooms!! Go for it!!

Go for the oceanview on Riviera! On our Valor cruise, we were one deck up from Riviera ~ on Main, in an oceanview. No big deal to jump on the elevator to zip up to Lido. Loved it.

Having the extra space, the sofa, and most of all.......the WINDOW......is so great! I don't care about being on a high deck ~ in fact, I prefer the lower decks because there is less motion there.

Enjoy the Valor........GREAT SHIP! :D

Archived