International Riding/Trims/Atlantic shores horseback riding

jschafer6161

Has anyone done any of these tours? We really want to go in the water with our horses, but not just for a couple minutes. can anyone recommend a good company. We will have a 7 and 9 year old. If you could also let me know the cost that would be great. Thanks so much!

• 4 weeks later...

We just returned from AOS last week and did the Atlantic Shores tour in St Lucia. I too had kids, ages 10 and 7. Max was our guide and recommended the children be "led", but they did have their own horses. We did the 4 hour tour including lunch and were very pleased! We rode on tghe beach at least twice, but were not allowed into the water more than just right on the edge. The horses that my husband (leading my daughter) were on wanted to go deeper, but Max asked them to come out saying that they would roll. I don't know if they rolled purposely to cool off or if they just lose their footing easily...never the less, we did not get wet! However, this tour was fantastic being as Max's family owned most of the land, we often came upon cattle, horses, sheep, and goats grazing. The views from the cliffs were extraordinary. We were met on the beach with a woman who was grilling our lunch of chicken and tuna steaks...very good. Also had a man playing steel drums and loved trying to teach the kids to play. Email me for pics and info if interested: hcrhodes@yahoo.com

Archived