Excursion gone bad on Enchantment

xrdan

I know most of you already do this but for those that don't...

We have learned to research the heck out of any excursions we book. We look at comments on this site and any others we can find. I like to book through the ship for a variety of reasons and realize that I am paying top dollar. All the more reason to learn from others' experiences.

We have booked some excursions that we would never have considered simply because of the glowing reviews. In all cases, we have been thrilled.

Happy cruising,

OP here-

Thanks for the warm welcome from some of you.

A recap- I was not on the excursion, I was on a cave tubing trip with my sons that I booked online. I was not at the desk raising a ruckus, I was trying to get a refund (in a calm way) when the guy from the day before happened by.

My MIL and her friend just wanted to go to the beach, they're older and were apprehensive about taking an excusion that was not through the ship. They figured it had to be at least OK if the ship sponsored it.

My problem with the whole thing is that a vast majority of people on the trip were unhappy, and wanted to go back to the ship right away. It should have never come to the point of the scene with the manager.

We've cruised 4 different lines, including RCI, before this and never had a problem with anything at all. Everyone has gone out of their way for us. I'm involved in a service industry and I've seen what some people try to get away with so I was surprised they were going to brush aside a legitimate gripe.

Dan

some of the excursion people on Ench can be a little,shall we say, under-informed? I had a simillar issue, although not with a tour....and the person was rather rude......

Belize is pretty much a dump anyway. My son and I got off the ship and made it 10 steps into "town" and turned around. I have been to alot of ports around the world and I can tell when I'm not safe. I cant imagine booking an excursion with someone else in a 3rd world country besides the cruiseline. Is your safety worth the money saved?

Archived