Laundry question...

Cruisewebber

Big advantage Princess has self service laundries on almost every passenger floor. When I need something laundered it is hard to wait for the returned items, generally 2 days

You can travel very light doing your laundry every few days. Sometimes the machines are busy, I try to go when i think everyone on the ship is busy doing something else.

Make friends with an Elite passenger & have them send your stuff for dry cleaning & it's free. :)

As an Elite for quite awhile I have actually had people that I met on the cruise ask for my laundry benefit, my internet minutes AND wondering if I was going to use my tender ticket.

I have always graciously said NO!

1. it's a form of stealing

2. I earned these benefits by spending A LOT of money cruising over 30 years and as far as I'm concerned they can go earn the benefits themselves

3. The request is just RUDE and presumptuos..and I resent that an indivdual has the nerve to put me in that position.

Regarding using a self service, it's available..but is this how you want to spend your vacation..waiting on laundry machines..hoping people won't steal your clothes or throw them aside because they want to use the machine...and you didn't arrive back to the self service a full minute after the machine stopped.

Don't cheap out...just send your laundry in!

That's another thing I forgot. If your friends with an Elite Passenger on the cruise you can tag along with them on an earlier tender (they can get extra early boarding tickets for other guests) & not have to wait on line. Don't be shy to ask, it doesn't cost them anything.

I thought I'd read once, that on a 10 day cruise, you can get a "bag of Laundry" done for a set price.

quote]

Does anyone know what the set price for the "bag" is? Just curious.......I th ink we will be using the self-serve laundry........lol :)

Make friends with an Elite passenger & have them send your stuff for dry cleaning & it's free. :)

It is my belief, no proof other than observation, that actions like recommended above caused the "unlimited internet" benefit for Plat. and Elite members to be removed and a limit placed on the amount of free time.

Abuse the laundry priviledge, by cheating and it too, will be limited. Princess is not managed by fools.

Fair winds

Dave

I thought I'd read once, that on a 10 day cruise, you can get a "bag of Laundry" done for a set price. We are wondering about this :confused: ...going on the Emerald Oct. 31st for ten days.

Can anyone help me on this??!!!!

Thanks!!!!

Hey Cruisewebber, why don't you come on over the roll call for this sailing.:) I usually take enought quarters and a small bag of detergent to do a few loads if needed. Really didn't need to on a 7 day cruise, did on a 14 day cruise. I haven't had any problems with people messing with my clothing. The dryers can take a long time to dry.

If I recall correctly, it was around a dollar per load to wash and dry. The machines take quarters. There was a change machine in the laudry room, but I heard from several others that it only worked sporadically.

We found ultra concentrated laundry detergent in small bottles with the other travel supplies at WalMart. Each bottle did 2 loads of laundry. Also, packing dyer sheets in your luggage will help keep all your clothes smelling good through out the trip.

We did laundry about 4 days into the trip and only took about an hour and a half. We watched a movie in our stateroom and got ready for dinner.

Archived