Booking question

Cr8ingCnes

I'm new, but have been reading the boards for awhile

Ive learned to look around and try to book the cruise and airfare seperately. My home airport is CRW and flying to JAX nov. 6th. The odd thing is the cruise is offering air for about 340 a person, but when I search flights myself, they are not even close to being that cheap. The cheapest I found is delta for about 590 a person roundtrip, one stop in Atlanta. Should I still try to book seperately to fly in the day before or to know that I am flying in the morning and probably wont miss a layover, or should I chance the cruise?

What about driving to Columbus, Ohio (143 miles)??. RT Columbus/JAX on a whole lot of airlines for less than $200.00pp on your dates-Nov 5 and return on Nov 13. All have one stop in the airline hub.

This late in the game, the cheapest tickets are gone. But if you want to fly a day early, you will most likely have to pay the deviation fee (unless you book the cruise line's VERY overpriced hotel) and MAY have to pay an upcharge in airfare (over the $390 posted.) And are you sure the $390 quoted price includes ALL taxes and fees and is GUARANTEED. Some air prices are NOT guaranteed until final payment is paid.

I can price out $514.00pp using US Air to Charlotte, then Northwest from Charlotte to JAX with a connection in Memphis.

This combo is bookable on Orbitz as a package, but the connection time is close. Booking separate tickets allows you to choose a later departure out of MEM, although a 35 minute connection time on a regional jet to regional jet connection PLUS flying a day early should present few problems. There are quite a few flights from Memphis to Jacksonville.

If you need further help, please post. But if it was my trip, I would drive to Columbus and save all the money.

PS-Did you read through this thread so you KNOW what you are getting yourself into with cruise air??? http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=530322

Archived