Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Royal Caribbean has many good rates now.

For instance:

I have a midship oceanview on Serenade, 12/12/09, single occupancy, senior rate, for $744 ...great itinerary out of San Juan, 6 ports in 7 days plus one sea day.

I'm considering Mariner, 7 day Mexican Riviera out of Los Angeles, for $653, senior/single occupancy.

And Radiance has some great rates, out of San Diego.

Go to RoyalCaribbean.com and search cruises, be sure to mark the "special rates" options.

Royal Caribbean has many good rates now.

For instance:

I have a midship oceanview on Serenade, 12/12/09, single occupancy, senior rate, for $744 ...great itinerary out of San Juan, 6 ports in 7 days plus one sea day.

I'm considering Mariner, 7 day Mexican Riviera out of Los Angeles, for $653, senior/single occupancy.

And Radiance has some great rates, out of San Diego.

Go to RoyalCaribbean.com and search cruises, be sure to mark the "special rates" options.

The Serenade itinerary is great Ryan. Thanks for the tip. Once sea day is also nice. Never been on that ship.

All NCL cruises are double. No getting around that.

Actually, that is not true. While 200% is the standard for NCL cruises regardless of cabin type, I have seen some last-minute cruises (VERY last-minute, i.e. two weeks or less before sailing) sell for less. My TA found one for me this past April on a repo to Europe - I don't remember the exact details, but it was about 12 days long, normal inside price was only about $500 and single was about $800. It was a great deal but I already had vacation plans for that same timeframe and obviously couldn't do both ;)

All NCL cruises are double. No getting around that.

It's not always the case, sometimes they have a discount, but they never advertise it, you have to keep checking the cruises that interest you the most.

It's not always the case, sometimes they have a discount, but they never advertise it, you have to keep checking the cruises that interest you the most.

True. My next cruise on Norwegian Jewel was a great deal when I snagged it. Now the rate is 3x! Also, when I sailed Norwegian Spirit they didn't even charge extra for a single. The ship was just introduced into the fleet to replace the Norwegian Sky in Alaska and they added a sailing in Alaska which wasn't well publicized.

True. My next cruise on Norwegian Jewel was a great deal when I snagged it. Now the rate is 3x! Also, when I sailed Norwegian Spirit they didn't even charge extra for a single. The ship was just introduced into the fleet to replace the Norwegian Sky in Alaska and they added a sailing in Alaska which wasn't well publicized.

I got a no-supplement deal too once (Spirit 6-night Bahamas Roundtrip NYC). It was last minute (maybe 2-3 weeks before sailing date, if I remember well) and only 299$+ tx making it 367$.

If anyone's looking for a holiday sailing (I know a single amongst all those families, but I always meet great people) it looks like Eurodam sailing 12/19 isn't bad. The single supplement is 150% and the cheapest rate is for an outside obstructed H category. It's less money than my Carnival Freedom cruise was last year. Since I put down $100. future cruise deposit on a prior sailing I figured I'd hold the space and see if anything else comes up. But I also like the itinerary; 1/2 Moon Cay; Aruba; Curacao (sailing in an out of Pt. Everglades).

Go to *********** and click on Singles Discounts. That will produce a list of discounted single supplements and shows the % you will pay.

Also, Carnival 1A category is sometimes lower than their published inside rate. Once you find a low rate for an inside ON THE CARNIVAL WEBSITE, click on category and price the 1A category as a single supplement.

Carnival and HAL seem to more frequently to be less than the 200%

I hope that helps.

Patrick K.

I'm considering a solo cruise on HAL's Westerdam. Is there a particular category I should look for like the 1A on Carnival?

Thanks!

No, there isn't any particular category to look for. And it may not be the lowest category that has the lowest price. On my sailing the lowest rate was for either an inside or an outside. No prizes for guessing which one I selected. I also compared the double to the single rate to figure out how much of a supplement there would be for a single. Very surprising for a Christmas sailing. For my sailing it turned out to be around 150%. It's a little extra work but it's obviously worth it. Good luck!

Edited by cruise pup

When I've booked my HAL cruises 9+ months out, very often the outside cabins are less expensive than the inside cabins. The closer it gets to the sail date, the more likely that situation changes.

Roz

The Royal Caribbean website is offering a California Residency rate on the September 13, 2009, sailing of the Mariner of the Seas, from Los Angeles to the Mexican Riviera. Many categories are on sale, but, the specific price of an E2 Balcony Cabin is as follows:

Price Breakdown Guest 1

Cruise Fare - $789.00 USD

Taxes/Fees - $56.53 USD

Package Total - $845.53USD

In addition Crown and Anchor Society Platinum members receive a $100 per cabin discount and Diamond/Diamond Plus members recieve a $200 per cabin discount on balcony category cabins.

This is one of the best deals on balcony cabins I've seen lately.

Also, seems it would be worth checking Residency Rates for other cruises.

Happy Sailing. :)

Thanks for posting this Jack

I FINALLY booked this one after checking the rates every day to make sure they were still there.

As of today i had to book a bit higher rate in a D3 or was it D2 not sure. I got the second from the last cabin left , they were really disappearing fast this morning!

Anyway, got some nice perks to make up for the increase.

I am going to go check out the rollcall.

Fran:)

The Royal Caribbean website is offering a California Residency rate on the September 13, 2009, sailing of the Mariner of the Seas, from Los Angeles to the Mexican Riviera. Many categories are on sale, but, the specific price of an E2 Balcony Cabin is as follows:

Price Breakdown Guest 1

Cruise Fare - $789.00 USD

Taxes/Fees - $56.53 USD

Package Total - $845.53USD

In addition Crown and Anchor Society Platinum members receive a $100 per cabin discount and Diamond/Diamond Plus members recieve a $200 per cabin discount on balcony category cabins.

This is one of the best deals on balcony cabins I've seen lately.

Also, seems it would be worth checking Residency Rates for other cruises.

Happy Sailing. :)

Thanks for posting this Jack

I FINALLY booked this one after checking the rates every day to make sure they were still there.

As of today i had to book a bit higher rate in a D3 or was it D2 not sure. I got the second from the last cabin left , they were really disappearing fast this morning!

Anyway, got some nice perks to make up for the increase.

I am going to go check out the rollcall.

Fran:)

Hey Fran,

You're welcome, I am glad that the post was helpful to you. Anyone else out there book this one?

It looks like we will meet again Fran. We met last September on the Norwegian Sun sailing from Vancouver to San Francisco.

I think that you will love the Mariner of the Seas if you haven't sailed her before - this trip will be my 5th on the Mariner & each one of them has been great.

:)

I just booked Sapphire Princess (a ship I have been wanting to check out), for a 3-night re-position from Vancouver, Canada to Los Angeles, Sept. 23, 2009, single occupancy inside for under $350. No ports, just 3 nights and 2 days at sea.

No senior or residency requirements.

Just found out my nephew will still be living with me this fall, so I have a built in dog sitter. Will be looking for a great deal on a transatlantic or repositioning cruise, so please keep an eye out and post when you see one!

I've got my eyes open !! Please post anything you find too. I was looking through posts from last year and several of the economical Transatlantics were posted in October. For me, I am hoping for something Royal Caribbean, especially the Voyager of the Seas from Barcelona to Galveston.

You are Pat from the Norwegian Gem TA of December 2007 aren't you?

Just read your thread looking for a repositioning or transatlantic cruise. Where do you want to go?????? So convenient you have a built in dog sitter which allows you to travel.:) i am interestd in a segment of a world cruise maybe on cunard as that line has good solo rates. I would really like the world cruise but sooooo pricey. Hippie lady

Hi Jack! Yes, I was on the Gem. Hoping to find something similar. I would like the RCCL transatlantic too, since I get shareholder credit and am Diamond with them. I know there were good deals in the spring, so hoping the same will hold true for the fall cruises coming back.

Hi Jack! Yes, I was on the Gem. Hoping to find something similar. I would like the RCCL transatlantic too, since I get shareholder credit and am Diamond with them. I know there were good deals in the spring, so hoping the same will hold true for the fall cruises coming back.

Avoid the RCCL ships that don't have indoor solariums. Ships in the Voyager class have outdoor solariums which means that with an autumn crossing you'll probably have to forget about swimming. This was my experience last November aboard Navigator.

Just booked my first cruise(s) with Costa for Christmas/New Years. B2b on the Fortuna in a single cabin came to a little over $1,400.00 total for both. I was happy to pay $1,200.00 for 1 week on Eurodam. Okay, it's apples and oranges but I have the time off so why not do 2 weeks for another $200.? The singles seem to be real cheap on Costa on the Fortuna. They're like the 1A's on Carnival but there's no sofa or 2nd bed.

Edited by cruise pup

Right now the best deal is on December 1 for the Splendour of the Seas from Lisbon to Sao Paulo. With a Residency Rate for California, the 14-day trip is listed on the Royal Caribbean site for as low as $777 Inside before tax. The Diamond Crown & Anchor discount for Diamond/Diamond Plus members is $300 for a balcony cabin. I know that the airfare is the deal breaker for most travelers, but, it is a great deal for now.

Happy Sailing Everybody :)

Check D1/E1 rates on RCI Radiance of the Seas 11/2/09 5nt Mexican Riviera cruise. The rates seemed pretty good for balcony for solo.

This was as of 8/6/09.

Radiance of the Seas, October 19, 2009, 5 night Mexican sailing has some great single rates on balcony cabins.

RoyalCaribbean.com has the following for a single E-2 Balcony cabin:

Price Breakdown Guest 1 :

Cruise Fare$549.50 USD

Taxes/Fees$59.74 USD

Package Total$609.24 USD

Crown & Anchor Platinum and Diamond/Diamond Plus discounts can reduce fare by $50 or $100 respectively.

Happy Sailing :)

Radiance of the Seas, October 19, 2009, 5 night Mexican sailing has some great single rates on balcony cabins.

RoyalCaribbean.com has the following for a single E-2 Balcony cabin:

Price Breakdown Guest 1 :

Cruise Fare$549.50 USD

Taxes/Fees$59.74 USD

Package Total$609.24 USD

Crown & Anchor Platinum and Diamond/Diamond Plus discounts can reduce fare by $50 or $100 respectively.

Happy Sailing :)

Hi Jack! :D How are you?! I see from your sig you've been busy. Lucky you!

WOW! Just checked; just so I could drool LOL! Knew I couldn't afford a cruise this fall (first time I've only done one cruise/year since first for 50th bday)... but those bills have a way of catching up. Glad it was the TA in April :)

So I'm Vegas bound w/friend I met on one of the singles cruises back in '04 week of Labor Day. $150 for 5 days for room; air miles for one way a/f and $99 back home - at least that fits in my budget for now!

Have a great time! Wish I was there!

Edited by NancyChgo
P.S. Jan 05 Singles Cruise LOL!