Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

This must be Celebrity days. :rolleyes:

Celebrity also has great prices on Summit for 7 day sailings out of San Juan. I got a midship oceanview cabin, with $80 OBC (through a TA), for the Dec. 4 sailing. If you subtract the $80 OBC, I'm paying just over $100 a night for single occupancy oceanview (not obstructed) on Celebrity!

And it's not some repo cruise, it's 5 of the best ports in the Caribbean (six including San Juan), then a sea day at the end.

I'm staying in San Juan for 2 nights post cruise, in a charming Old San Juan hotel for $100 a night.

BTW, Dec. is a great time to sail the Caribbean ;) ... no hurricanes, and the ports are decorated with their H o l i d a y s trimmings; and so is the ship.

Come join me! :)

Sounds like a great deal! But I think RT airfare NYC-San Juan would probably cost more than the cruise! (Especially during the holiday season.) But have fun!

How did you get that price? I looked at the link at saw $549 + 150% and on their site it came out $ 1099.

What's the secret?

Thanks

It might have been one of those Tuesday specials (also available on Monday for Crown & Anchor Society members). Check again next week on either Monday or Tuesday and see if it the price goes back down.

How did you get that price? I looked at the link at saw $549 + 150% and on their site it came out $ 1099.

What's the secret?

Thanks

The link does indicate a 150% supplement BUT when I called Celebrity Tuesday morning, I was quoted a price lower than 150% and just a little over the per person price(Inside Cat 10 $569.00 Cruise + $70.63 Taxes&Fees = $639.63 Total). This has happened other times too. Sometimes they have a limited number of cabins available and to the best of my knowledge you can not put a "hold" on them.

These Exciting Deals are updated on Saturday so you have three days to think about anything you might be interested in. If something interests you, you should be on the phone 9:00 AM Tuesday.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/exciting_deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

Celebrity Century 4 nights leaving 11/18 keeps lowering their rates. A single residency rate is $219. + tax for an inside; $259. + tax for an outside; veranda $419. + tax; concierge class $439. + tax (only $20. more than the regular veranda).

Edited by cruise pup

That is exactly my question

The link gave a table with a price + 150%, but the website gave me a price of $1099

The prices on the Exciting Deals link are good for Tuesday only(9:00AM-11:59PM, EST). Any other time you will get the standard rate e.g. $1099. And on Tuesday sometimes they have a limited number of cabins and when they are sold off, the price will change to the standard rate.

I just got a single on RCI Jewell JAN 3 11 day . Past guest, senior , resedence discounts all add up to a balcony center of ship huge discount . $1249 total with taxes and port fees . Plus I got RCI sale with a $100 room credit which brings it down to $1149 for 11 days with a balcony . I think it was a 120% suplement . I also got great air on Expedia by spliting airlines . got good air times RD trip $249 Rd trip MI. to FT lauderdale . Its about half of airline rates . I also got 4star Lugano 8mi from airport on hotwire for $139 its listed on most sites at $299 . Its a little out but Im coming in the day before and have nothing plained . Its on innercoastal so I can take water taxi around town and they will take to cruise ship free . Im ready to go . CARL

I just got a single on RCI Jewell JAN 3 11 day . Past guest, senior , resedence discounts all add up to a balcony center of ship huge discount . $1249 total with taxes and port fees . Plus I got RCI sale with a $100 room credit which brings it down to $1149 for 11 days with a balcony . I think it was a 120% suplement . I also got great air on Expedia by spliting airlines . got good air times RD trip $249 Rd trip MI. to FT lauderdale . Its about half of airline rates . I also got 4star Lugano 8mi from airport on hotwire for $139 its listed on most sites at $299 . Its a little out but Im coming in the day before and have nothing plained . Its on innercoastal so I can take water taxi around town and they will take to cruise ship free . Im ready to go . CARL

Great work Carl ! I am staying at Il Lugano next week before my Grandeur of the Seas sailing. Tell me about the free transportation to the ship. Thanks in advance.

Heads up you solo travelers. I have to cancel my unique 1A, with 2 large unobstructed oceanview windows, on Carnival Victory (great 7 day itinerary) out of San Juan to 5 islands, departing February 27, 2011 (best time of year for the Caribbean too).

There are very few 1A cabins in the whole fleet with the two big windows.

I'm cancelling today, so call your TAs if interested. You snooze you lose.

Heads up you solo travelers. I have to cancel my unique 1A, with 2 large unobstructed oceanview windows, on Carnival Victory (great 7 day itinerary) out of San Juan to 5 islands, departing February 27, 2011 (best time of year for the Caribbean too).

There are very few 1A cabins in the whole fleet with the two big windows.

I'm cancelling today, so call your TAs if interested. You snooze you lose.

I don't understand - I don't know much about Carnival - is there something about a 1A cabin that is good for solos?

I don't understand - I don't know much about Carnival - is there something about a 1A cabin that is good for solos?

Cheapest room on the boat and perfect for a solo not to mention hard to come by on most cruises. One would think they are small but they are quite spacious.

Cheapest room on the boat and perfect for a solo not to mention hard to come by on most cruises. One would think they are small but they are quite spacious.

I just got back last night on Victory and had a 1A (2221 starboard, Main deck). For me, it was huge! Had two porthole windows, large windowsill capable of being sat in depending on bottom girth...lol.:D I had a big leather sofa (not sure if it was pullout or not, but there were extra blankets in the closet so it may have been). It had 3 large drawers, very long mirrored wall with chair. Lots of closet space. Two outlets on the long wall. Safe. Two very warm robes. Nice sized shower with gel and shampoo. Bowlful of freebies including razors, Pepcid, lotion, etc. Large mirrored medicine cabinet to the left, glassed shelves. Lots of room to move around the comfortable queensized bed with great comforter. Well worth the money.:D Only thing going against it was some noise from above at night (back stage I presumed) and anchor raising and lowering. Great wakeup call by the way.

I just got back last night on Victory and had a 1A (2221 starboard, Main deck). For me, it was huge! Had two porthole windows, large windowsill capable of being sat in depending on bottom girth...lol.:D I had a big leather sofa (not sure if it was pullout or not, but there were extra blankets in the closet so it may have been). It had 3 large drawers, very long mirrored wall with chair. Lots of closet space. Two outlets on the long wall. Safe. Two very warm robes. Nice sized shower with gel and shampoo. Bowlful of freebies including razors, Pepcid, lotion, etc. Large mirrored medicine cabinet to the left, glassed shelves. Lots of room to move around the comfortable queensized bed with great comforter. Well worth the money.:D Only thing going against it was some noise from above at night (back stage I presumed) and anchor raising and lowering. Great wakeup call by the way.

Thanks for all the info! I've never cruised Carnival before but I'm looking at them for my next cruise because they seem to be the cheapest way to go... but most of the info I've seen from solo cruisers is about the luxury lines (low solo supps, but still too expensive for me!) or NCL or HAL. Carnival & RCCL seem to have the best deals so I will probably be taking one of those two next. I can't book another cruise until I get a job, but you'd better bet the DAY I get hired, I'll be looking to book something! I hate not having a cruise to look forward to.

So if I book Carnival and simply opt for the cheapest room, will I end up with a 1A (assuming there is one available) or do I have to specifically request that category?

Also, if anyone has similar advice regarding RCCL's cabins, I'd appreciate it!

Speaking of RCCL, I wish I had the money now - this one is especially good for those of us in the northeast because it's one of the rare winter Caribbean trips that goes out of a northeastern port, so no flying down south: 12 nights on the Enchantment of the Seas RT from Baltimore, going to Haiti, DR, San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten & Tortola, interior room for $839 (before taxes & fees). For 12 nights! (The double occupancy rate is $569.) If there was any way I could pull it off, I'd book it in a second... but maybe someone else can take advantage of it!

So if I book Carnival and simply opt for the cheapest room, will I end up with a 1A (assuming there is one available) or do I have to specifically request that category?

Also, if anyone has similar advice regarding RCCL's cabins, I'd appreciate it!

If you call up just tell them you want a 1A. On their website, I have no idea. I hate their new booking system and feel it's a pain to get anything on it.

Great single supplement of only 25% for RCCL Explorer of Seas, Jan 28, 2011 NYS resident rate. Only $839 for nine day cruise.
The 12 nighter leaving Jan 16 also has a great deal for NYS residents. It's about $100. more for 3 extra days. Plus the itinerary is better (that stop in San Juan is a waste).